Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Multi 2008 price opinion
EGGMAN
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:25 pm Reply with quote

Hi Folks,
Since msrp on the 08 Multi is $13,995.00 do you think $14,200.00 out the door is a good deal? I have been doing a little Multi shopping. Thanks in advance.

Randy

MTS: 2007 1100 (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote

Since I've done a fair bit of business with my dealer over the years, I have a standing $500 discount from MSRP. With title and reg. I usually get OTD about $300 under list. I would be interested in hearing how other repeat customers are treated by their dealers.
EGGMAN
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:26 pm Reply with quote

When you say "list" is that the same as "msrp"? The reason I ask is because for cars, list is usually lower than msrp.

MTS: 2006 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quote

No, that is not a good deal, IMO. When I was in sales, we used to say: "If the customer thinks it's a good deal then it is." Of course, we said this after "we cracked them over the head like a baby seal."

Keep shopping.

EGGMAN wrote:
When you say "list" is that the same as "msrp"? The reason I ask is because for cars, list is usually lower than msrp.

List is the same as MSRP, invoice is dealer cost (sort of). There's no "list price" that I've ever seen that was any different from MSRP.

MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:59 am Reply with quote

randy, you didn't mention anything about sales tax. if your out the door really means everything, including tax, i think it is an excellent deal for a 08.

i've purchased 2 ducati's and shopped around the entire south east for both. at the end of the summer of a model year, you might get $500 off. maybe more once it gets into this time of the year.

but for a new model year, it is difficult to get much if any of a discount. many dealers want to add $300 to $500 for set up to the MSRP, and in both cases i was successful in getting two different dealers to waive that charge. i also got one dealer to offer the first service for free.

i recommend you think ahead and negotiate with that in mind. as part of the purchase of my ducati's at MSRP, i asked for, and got a commitment for 20% of the cost of all parts and accessories, and a labor rate for installation that was about 30 below their standard rate. in fact, one accessory that i bought at the time of the purchase they installed for free.

in summary, i think it is difficult to negotiate much off of MSRP for a new model ducati. but if you recognize you will want to add parts and accessories for it over time, most dealers are very willing to negotiate for substantial savings for you later.

ray