Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Big & Tall Riders
XV750K
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:11 pm Reply with quote

....How is this bike for the larger rider planning on one-up riding....I am big, and want to be comfortable on a bike, but dont want a cruiser.
XV750K

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Sorry about the double post, where is the delete button?
Jantah
Site Admin
MTS: 2003 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:35 pm Reply with quote

XV750K wrote:
Sorry about the double post, where is the delete button?

No problem, delete is for moderators only.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger Top
Tee-Dub

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote

I'm 6'2", 215lbs and find the Multistrada the only comfortable "sportbike". The only problem I have is a bit of a bad back and the upright riding position strains my lower back over time.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:38 pm Reply with quote

XV750K wrote:
....How is this bike for the larger rider planning on one-up riding....I am big, and want to be comfortable on a bike, but dont want a cruiser.

How big are you ? If you're up to 1.90m then I think you'll be fine but then again if you're really big, say 2.00m or so, you'd better take a look at the KTM's LC8.

Doc

XV750K

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:05 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies - I am right at 1.90m -- how about for my weight? I don't know exactly what my weight is, but I do have the frame of, shall we say, a large football player.... Smile
Adventure Rider
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 9:05 pm Reply with quote

I am 6'6", 250 pounds.

So far I have found it to be satisfactory. Slightly better than my Airhead GS, about as good as an Oilhead GS - for comfort and wind protection. A lot more fun than either bike.

I am going to get a better wind screen once ZG gets theirs sorted out. I am also going to get some risers - but those are not absolutely necessary.

I did scrape my size 13 boot the other day on a tight uphill corner - but I have done that on other bikes too.
falcofred
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:14 pm Reply with quote

Tee-Dub wrote:
I'm 6'2", 215lbs and find the Multistrada the only comfortable "sportbike". The only problem I have is a bit of a bad back and the upright riding position strains my lower back over time.

Tee-Dub, you sold your Falco because the riding position hurt your back. Now the Multi is causing discomfort also?
Whats next Think Maybe a laid back chopper Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 12:11 pm Reply with quote

The Falco didn't hurt my back at all. I have such long legs that after extended rides (oh, about 45 minutes or so) my knees would kill me on the Falco.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:25 pm Reply with quote

At 6'2" and 235 lbs I find the bike to be pretty good for me. The bike has plenty of power and you'll find that you'll rarely want for more and even with my size and weight the bike remains extremely "flickable".

Riding two-up isn't as fun; my wife is only 5' tall and small in frame - (she won't share her weight with me) and I can feel the rear suspension working harder (the rear suspension is dialed-out to the max). Additionally, I'm constantly finding myself riding the tank because the wife slides in to me under braking.

I have a bad back too but no problems from riding. I think that if I had to gripe about anything it would be about the wood plank that Ducati calls a seat and the vibration through the bars. Both of which are able to be corrected - just haven't done so yet.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:14 pm Reply with quote

Statra,

I found that with the DP passanger comfort seat the passanger does not slide forward into me, but it does raise them higher and thus more hunching over you. Also agree that with pre-load dialed out to the max loading up with pillion and panniers still makes for slow and carefull cruising.

Laurentius.
STATRA

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 3:49 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip...

MTS: 2010 1200S (Red)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 4:50 am Reply with quote

I'm 6'15" :liar:and have no probs on this bike.
On a more serious note when I carry a pilion even though I'm quite tall (6'3") I find there is not a lot of room, i.e under unexpected braking our helmets can sometimes bash together. I find this very irritating. On my Busa this doesn't happen cos I'm leaning forward. The Multi is upright, but so was my old VStrom but that bike was a bit longer so your lids didn't ever touch. I've test ridden a Tiger and no lid touching there either. These slightly longer bikes are not as flickable though so there always seems to be some sort of trade off. Nothing seems to be perfect so you just adapt. Think One thing that worked for a while to stop head clashing was - Whilst out on the Multi after the wife touched my lid a few times I told her If she did it again I would make her walk the 25 miles back home Evil or Very Mad this worked for a while until we got home when the s#ite hit the fan Sad Just bite the bullet and get a Multi ignor it's niggly bits and it's a top bike. Laughing
Doc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:24 pm Reply with quote

stevespiers wrote:
One thing that worked for a while to stop head clashing was - Whilst out on the Multi after the wife touched my lid a few times I told her If she did it again I would make her walk the 25 miles back home Evil or Very Mad this worked for a while until we got home when the s#ite hit the fan Sad

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Doc

Rocker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:49 am Reply with quote

Steve I always give the same advice to those who get grief from their pillion passengers and that is to encourage them to get thier own bike.