Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Trading bmw for multistrada
44sheetrock
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Im thinking of trading my 99 R1100s bmw for a 04 muitistrada at a local bmw dealership. The ducati has only 1800 mi on it. Could anyone tell me info on the warranty Also what work should be done to it before picking it up ? When should major work be done belt changes valve adj etc? What type reliablility am I looking at overall? Thanks
falcofred
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 9:34 pm Reply with quote

Jump on it and don't look back. The warranty is good for 2 years from date of sale, and transfered automatically. No maintenace needs to be done until 6000 miles, I'd change the oil if it hasn't already been done.
While it's still under warranty see if the dealer will upgrade you to the 05 side stand found on the new S model, some dealers are doing this under warranty. I read some dealers in Europe are upgrading to the new 05 wider mirrors, more comfy seat, and new 05 windsheild also. Now is the time to work this into the deal.
Also if you want hard luggage, and the bike doesn't have it, order now and be prepared to wait. I see another member has a silver set for sale for $500, that is a steal. If I didn't already have them, I'd buy them and have them painted red to match my bike.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:35 pm Reply with quote

Reliability is OK but less then the BMW. I still own my 100.000+ km's R1100S. It had to stand in for the Multi on multiple occasions ...

You'll have fun on the Multi, but it won't let you ride as fast/push as hard as the BMW. Stability on the Multi is definitely less (especially on poor road surface an while cornering), fun and flickability is better though.

HJ
OGRI

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 10:37 pm Reply with quote

If you try the "S" model, you'll find out that Ohlins are everything on this bike and make a tremendous difference compared to the regular Multi.

It even seems like another bike (a much better one of course)