Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: 2010 or 2011 Standard at a great price?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Zixxer2Go
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:22 pm Reply with quote

With or without ABS, preferably with side cases...I've been all over Craigslist, Ebay, Jaxed, and Cycletrader, but as y'all can imagine, close to retail is popular during the summer on this beauty. Mr. Green

Anybody know of a killer deal lurking out there? Willing to travel of course; thanks!

PS Will consider similar killer deal on Touring or Sport!
ducdoug
MTS: 2010 1200S (White)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:41 pm Reply with quote

Give the guys at Eurocycles here in Tampa a call. They've got a couple on the floor, and may have their 2010 demo still, that they want to move. Call David, the GM at 813-926-9937. They are good guys and will probably work you a deal.

No Multistrada

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:29 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the lead! I gave them a call; wanting the red 1200 took me out for the used couple they have there, and they didn't move much on their new bikes, understandably. He said they were selling a lot down there, which is a good thing for them, I'm guessing! Very Happy

Still looking...
bamarider
MTS: 2008 1100S (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:24 am Reply with quote

check with melillimoto in ocala, fl. I bought my used 08 from them, great folks to deal with, and a ducati only dealer.
couldn't get a deal from bloodworth's?

No Multistrada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:30 pm Reply with quote

Thanks BR, we'll give them a call.

My dealing with Bloodworth's has always been fruitless from a purchase perspective...they just weren't competitive price-wise. I was quoted $500 off MSRP on a leftover '10...is that supposed to be an incentive? Think
Steve B
MTS: 2010 1200 (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote

Hall's in Springfield, IL has a red 2010 standard right now. It's marked at $13,999 but I'm told they can do better. Ask for Steve if you call, they're good guys.

http://halls-cycles.com/
Zixxer2Go
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote

Checking now... Pray
Zixxer2Go
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Steve B, good price...now let me see what it'll take to make that happen Dance

Thanks Amigo.
Steve B

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote

Zixxer2Go wrote:
Steve B, good price...now let me see what it'll take to make that happen Dance

Thanks Amigo.

Cool, good luck with the deal!
Zixxer2Go
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote

Hey Steve B, thanks for the major tip! Steve S. over at Hall's told me you'd stopped on by before I called and set things up for me...you're the Man! Cool Let me know how I can treat you to a dinner!

Steve B

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:38 am Reply with quote

Zixxer2Go wrote:
Hey Steve B, thanks for the major tip! Steve S. over at Hall's told me you'd stopped on by before I called and set things up for me...you're the Man! Cool Let me know how I can treat you to a dinner!

Glad to hear things worked out for you! Just this thanks is plenty, no dinner necessary. Heck, if I got dinner out of you it would offset you traveling all the way here to get a good deal! Enjoy the bike, they're a blast.
bamarider
MTS: 2008 1100S (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:12 pm Reply with quote

to bad you couldn't have done a fly and ride instead of trailering it.
give us an update on the bike.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quote

I tried the fly and ride, but it was short notice on the airlines, and they wanted about twice what it cost to drive in and pick it up! Yikes!! Shocked

My 400 mile impressions:
1. Makes ALL the other adventure/standard bikes seem slow in direct or indirect comparison. 130+ measured hp at the rear wheel by the magazines tops out even most of the naked bikes, never mind the adventure bikes.
2. The foot pegs seem a little short, and my right foot sticks out a little at the back because of the exhaust, but not obtrusively so...only when I'm on the balls of my feet. I may order the accessory pegs later.
3. I can't quite seem to find the best height for wind flow, but that's also partly because of the heat out here; we've been in the 90's and 100's this week(!). I may get the accessory shield for a little more height.
4. The stock suspension seems very good at this point; I've only stiffened up the rear preload about six clicks. Bike seems very balanced.
5. I don't really care for the position of the brake or clutch levers, but they are 'locked' in place with studs in the handlebars...you'd have to remove the levers and grind off the stud to move the levers to a little more 'down' position. Or you could rotate the bars upward a bit like I did.
6. LOTS of favorable comments on its looks Cool
7. Light weight compared to most other adventure bikes; moving in and around the garage is a piece of cake; handling is light and very responsive.
8. I've left it in SPORT mode the whole time; it doesn't feel too aggressive to me, but I also have a 1098 Think Acceleration is top notch, and you don't have to shift down to build up serious speed quickly. And that's still keeping it below 6K rpm for break-in! Clap
9. Steering lock was a little 'iffy' at first, but it seems I've more/less got the hang of it. The high beam activation eluded me for some time, until I got out the manual...tsk. Press down on the flipper switch to activate the high beam...duh! Ah well...
10. Seat is comfortable so far...you're pretty much locked into one position, but it works for me.

I look forward to the ride every day...nothing long yet, just commuting, but I'll do something soon. Thanks again to Steve B. for the super lead! Very Happy
Steve B

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:10 pm Reply with quote

Zixxer2Go wrote:
Thanks again to Steve B. for the super lead! Very Happy

You bet! Glad to hear you're liking the bike. I'm with you, my bike never leaves sport mode. One of the biggest attractions to me is the power and responsiveness of the motor, I don't want to muzzle it!
Alaskaflyer
MTS: 2007 1100S (Black)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:55 am Reply with quote

Glad I found this, answered a few questions I had. I'm going to do a Demo ride on a 2010 1200. They are asking 14,999. It is their Demo bike and it is a 2010. What do you think a fair price for that would be?

Gary