Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Monster 1000 or Multistrada 1000
Goto page 1, 2  Next
spillersf
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:45 pm Reply with quote

Hello, I'm Frederic from Belgium. (first of all, I'd like to apologize for my english, which is not so good)
I discovered this site since I became crazy about the Multistrada, but I have a little problem now!

I sold my monster 600 last week, because I wanted to have a 1000 cc. But now I am doubting whether I should buy a monster 1000 or a multi 1000. If I choose the monster 1000, I know from my experience with my monster 600 that I would choose a cool and pleasant bike.

But the multistrada, with it's crazy looks appeals me more!!!! I already did a testride (10 min), but I'm not convinced that I would have as much fun with the multi as with my monster.

Are there multi owners who can help me making my decision. I really need another bike, and I just can't decide...
Thanks in advance for replies
clockwork orange
MTS: 2005 620 (Orange)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:30 pm Reply with quote

I traded a Monster 620 for a Multi 620. I didn't like the Monster riding position very much, and I fell for the Multi looks in a big way. The Multi steers better, more comfortable and generally more fun to ride. I also found the more upright posture gives better visibility, and more noticeable to car drivers.

Hope that helps..
milco

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:18 pm Reply with quote

Hi Frederick, I owned a monster 750 and now a 2005 multi, the difference is to much to tell !! it is a real experiance after a long ride, when you are sitting back on the Monster, I can tell you you never want to trade again.the Multi is a super ducati, you can do with it what you want, and than a litlle better, it rides like a dream.

so go for it

milco

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:18 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies !!
doctor bob
MTS: 2003 1000 DS (Custom colour)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:27 am Reply with quote

Hello, Frederic:

I moved from a Monster 620 to a Multistrada 1000, and couldn't be happier with the switch. I find the Multistrada to be much more maneuverable than the Monster, and the ergonomics suit me better. It also depends on what kind of riding you want to do. The Monster was great around town and on short jaunts, but the Multistrada has been better for longer trips. I guess "image" plays into it too, but that's only for you to decide.

And one more thing--no apologies needed for your English, you came across just fine.

Rob

'03 Giallo Multistrada 1000DS
wayward
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:53 pm Reply with quote

clockwork orange wrote:
I traded a Monster 620 for a Multi 620. I didn't like the Monster riding position very much, and I fell for the Multi looks in a big way. The Multi steers better, more comfortable and generally more fun to ride. I also found the more upright posture gives better visibility, and more noticeable to car drivers.

Hope that helps..
Not to mention it has more leg room than the Monster.

redmoto
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:55 pm Reply with quote

I traded a '98 Monster (with all the mandentory mods) for a new '04 Multi. Although I liked the Monster, I didn't have the feeling that when I pointed it out of town, it could take me anywhere I might want to go. It's just not that way (for one reason or another) with the Multi! It wants to go!
Mich748R
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Black)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quote

He there Frederic,

You have to think what kind or riding you want to do. I have made a similar kind of decision last year when I had my 748R and did a test ride on the MTS1000DS. I liked the 748R very much but I realized that I wanted to do more mountain trips. Roads you don't want to be confronted with when having a sports bike. I lost a very beautiful and special bike but on the current roads it's not useful anymore. I've had about two occasions where I thought "would have liked to have the 748R now". Not enough for me to get back.

Just think what you want to do with the bike and i guess you want to do a longer test ride on the Multi.

Good luck.

Mich748R

Honda VF750F
Ducati
900SS
748R [miss you]
916 (track)
MTS 1000DS
MTS 1000SDS
Hypermotard 950SP
MTS 1260 Enduro
Soon a Ducati Desert Sled (21’ Front/18’ Rear)
spillersf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:22 am Reply with quote

Yep, yep, yep, ...

I bought a second hand multistrada !!! This morning I took it for a long drive, and have to say it is amazing. The bike feels so natural, very comfortable, ...

I think I made a very good choise !!!!!!!
Mich748R
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Black)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:39 am Reply with quote

Spillersf, congrats with the decision. I think you will not regret it.

Cheers,

Michel.

Mich748R

Honda VF750F
Ducati
900SS
748R [miss you]
916 (track)
MTS 1000DS
MTS 1000SDS
Hypermotard 950SP
MTS 1260 Enduro
Soon a Ducati Desert Sled (21’ Front/18’ Rear)
Habanero
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Gray)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:12 pm Reply with quote

spiller...

good decision. I did the same as you about 10 days ago, I've put on a 1000 miles or so and my grin just keeps getting bigger. What an amazing machine..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:24 am Reply with quote

I am pleased that this topic came up! I am in process of selling my 04 749, and am faced with exactly the same decision, monster or mts!

whilst the monster appeals because they are cool and have many parts available to "trick" it up, the mts seems so much more useable.

I have come across an 04 mts with panniers, termis, loads of carbon bits, all the 05 upgrades, open clutch cover and plate, etc.

What price would i expect to pay for this privately?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:52 am Reply with quote

I've had both. I opted for the MTS because I wanted to be taller while riding in the city and for the ergos. But every time I ride a friend's Monster, I must say it puts an altogether different grin on my face.

I also like the unique look of the MTS...Monsters are very common here.

Got me thinking, I sure would love to have both. Now I'll just need to sell the SV650 first...
johnduc
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:44 pm Reply with quote

Hello mister from belgium!I had a monstro 600 1997 for years and it was my only love!I have always been riding it with a smile and my smile grew bigger when i put some horses on it (exhaust etc.).THEN I SAW MULTI!!!!!
It became a hanger and since i couldnt keep with hunger i went and bought a brand new red multistrada 1000 S!!!Believe me its a whole new world and this new love is much more happy with my demands!!!
I wish i could keep them both but then i wonder...with both in my garage,monster could get rusty!!!
Hope to be helpfull...so go and buy the multifreak!!! Twisted Evil
spillersf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:32 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies !!
I've got my second hand multistrada last week and I already drove more than 1000 km (650 miles) ! Well, I must say, the bike is awesome !
In Belgium, nowadays, there are a lot of ducati monsters, but since they introduced the multistrada in 2003, I only saw 2 riding on the street! So the coolest thing is that it's a rather unique motorcycle, and that makes it very pleasant !

I also started to personalize my multistrada, there are sooooooo many accesoiries! (but I just graduated from school and spend a lot of my money on my motorcycle, I have a quite tiny budget left for personalizing). But that's just part of the fun for me! I keep on looking on ebay, second hand sites, ... There are so many thing you can do for tuning a multistrada !!

To finish, I have to say that the multistrada is WOOOOOW and I'm very happy I made the choise of buying one! Razz