Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: The oh-so-elusive MTS Center Stand
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
ks4hcoach
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Hi Pekka,

Go up several posts to the one by OceanMT on 4-13-13. He has pictures of the centerstand installed on his MTS1x00. The last picture is taken with the stand down from the right side and clearly shows the stock double springs where they should be, which is on the outer side of the right leg and not underneath where it rubs on the exhaust pipes. The right centerstand bracket should have a spring anchor post cast into the bracket and the other end of the springs anchor to a small "hook" welded to the outer side of the right leg of stand itself, as shown in the picture. If your bracket has the spring anchor post, then it should be easy to weld a small attachment to the leg fof the other end of the spring.
The rubber bumper stop attaches to the crossbrace on the welded part of the stand. I will have to look when I get home to see what it stops against.

Are you sure that the welded part of your centerstand is truly from a Multistrada. From your earlier pictures, it looked to be shaped a bit differently than mine as the legs on yours seemed to get wider rather than narrow up as the legs on the stock stand do. I had BOTH the centerstand for a MTS620 and a MTS1000 at the same time and both were IDENTICAL except the legs were about 20 mm longer for the MTS1000. Brackets, springs, bolts, etc, were the SAME. The stand from the 1000 eventually went on my 620 as the stock 620 stand was not tall enough to rotate/clear the rear tire with the suspension from a MTS 1000 installed on the 620.

Hope this helps,

Rod
ks4hcoach
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:04 pm Reply with quote

Hi Pekka,

Go back to page 3 in this thread and check the excellent pictures that OceanMT and Gregski attached of the centerstand weldment, and especially those that OceanMT attached showing the centerstand assembly together but off of the bike. His pics cleary show the location of the spring as well as the shape of the stand weldment. After going back and looking at these again, I think that the stand that you have is shaped differently than theirs, where ARE from an air cooled Multistrada. Might be why your spring is in the wrong place and why your stand is too low. I would carefully compare your stand assembly against these pics to make sure.

Thanks

Rod
pekka
MTS: 2005 620 (Black)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:00 am Reply with quote

ks4hcoach wrote:
I had BOTH the centerstand for a MTS620 and a MTS1000 at the same time and both were IDENTICAL except the legs were about 20 mm longer for the MTS1000. Brackets, springs, bolts, etc, were the SAME. The stand from the 1000 eventually went on my 620 as the stock 620 stand was not tall enough to rotate/clear the rear tire with the suspension from a MTS 1000 installed on the 620.

Hope this helps,

Rod

MTS-620 has difrent stand as orginal than MTS-1000

MTS-620, 96753105B info form R.M. Heino which is only Ducati Shop I trust at Finland
MTS-1100 DS, 96730903B From Ducati Catalog

Catalog sugest for M620 ( monster I guess ) part 96714202B and it could
fit, I have understood that MTS-620 and M-620 are basically same bike
whit difrent look, feel - difrent frame. Part 96714202B look's what I have
got. My Center stand is from MTS-1100 from Washington!

http://www.multistrada.net/index.php?pag...p;user_id=10052

I will upload photo's when project finished to http://boy007.dy.fi
due resolution and size restrictionds of this site!!!

There is difrences whit lenght as well MTS-1000 seem's to
have both side's and spring arragment. At Finland we
do not have catalysator, so that might be one diffrence that
affects shapeing and location of spring,... but at my bike
exhaust is at wrong location or center stand is incorrect.

Easy way to Fix problem is to weld attachemt point's
to right side as you have suggested, that I will do next week.

Thank's.

john

ks4hcoach
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:25 am Reply with quote

Hi John,

The part numbers you list match up correctly for both the Monster, for the MTS 620, and for the MTS 1000/1100.

I looked at the pictures you posted of the stand on your 620 and at the picture of the Ducati P/N 96714202B stand for the Monsters 620-1000 shown in a 2008 Ducati Accessories catalog and it looks like you DO have the stand and mounting brackets from the Monster and NOT the MTS. Your stand also looks somewhat like what Ducati shows for a Sport Classic, but, not like the MTS stand.

You exhaust system looks exactly like my stock 06 MTS620 exhaust, including the factory installed center stand stop. (Mine also has the layer of dirt and grime like yours Mr. Green )

The shape of your centerstand is NOT the same as either my stock MTS 620 stand or the one from the MTS1000, which is now on my 620 to work with the taller Showa suspension from a MTS1000.

The legs of the MTS stand are straight when viewed from the side and don't have that bend that yours does near the bottom.

The crosspiece on your stand looks to be a problem in that it is above the legs of the stand when the stand is up rather than curved BELOW the legs. The rubber bumper stop on the MTS stand mounts on the crosspiece and with the crosspiece curved BELOW the stand legs, the stand retract up MUCH further, basically parallel to the swingarm. Yours looks way to too LOW when retracted and would likely hit the ground in an easy corner. NOT GOOD!!! The crosspiece should be located so that the rubber bumper hits the centerstand stop when the stand is up, and, curved below the centerstand legs enough to allow the stand to come up to about level. And, as shown on the pics posted by OceanMT, the springs goes on the right leg and anchors to the bracket with a post on the right bracket.

Note that the mounting brackets on your pictures don't look like the MTS brackets, but rather like the Monster brackets. The MTS brackets are more curved and less "squared" on the back part.

One last observation: Ducati does NOT have the correct centerstand pictured for the MTS in the 2008 Accessories catalog. What they picture looks like a stand from perhaps a Monster, or perhaps the Sport Classic, but the picture is NOT a centerstand from either MTS.

Good luck with your project. Hopefully relocated and/or reshaping that crosspiece on your stand will allow it to retract high enough for good ground clearance with a rubber bubber stop hitting the stop already welded to your factory exhaust. Getting the stand to lift up higher will certainly require the spring to be moved as well.

Ride safe,

Rod

Rod
Gregski
MTS: 2007 1100 (Red)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote

Today I went to my mates garage for a final assembly of my stand.
we spend few hours getting all parts line up and welding it on together.

the result was I thing world first after market centre stand for air cooled MTS Mr. Green Mr. Green

now is just finding a right spring and cutting the right length but this will be done soon.

I post a few picture of the assemble on the bike.
also it can be used with de cat pipes as the catalytic converter is not needed to rest the stand

MTS: 2009 1100S (Black)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:11 pm Reply with quote

Looks good! Smile

Just a few finishing up parts to do and then you can take it off and use it for the template to make more.

I would be guessing but I think there could be some interest here as they are hard to find!

Good job! Cool

Bertbart
MTS: 2006 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:27 pm Reply with quote

OceanMt_InlandSea wrote:
Looks good! Smile

I would be guessing but I think there could be some interest here as they are hard to find!

Good job! Cool

I believe that to be an understatement. Cool
OceanMt_InlandSea
MTS: 2009 1100S (Black)

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote

As requested by a member here are some photos with estimated bike height measurements. (the black tape measure body is 3.5 inches)

mitchsailor
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:56 pm Reply with quote

Hello I am thinking to produse a aftermarket center stand,are you going to make many more stands or it is for you only? If I make the stand I have to make at least 35 pieces so I have to know how many are intrested and are willing to buy one
Gregski

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote

mitchsailor wrote:
Hello I am thinking to produse a aftermarket center stand,are you going to make many more stands or it is for you only? If I make the stand I have to make at least 35 pieces so I have to know how many are intrested and are willing to buy one

I believe this question was directed to me Think I'm finishing my technical description of the stand and CNC coding as we speak. when I have all this ready I could calculate the cost of manufacturing the stand.

Shouldn't be much longer Mr. Green

If the cost is low enough and the price will be satisfying for the members I will go ahead and start the production of let say 20 units at first.

Would you be able to duplicate the original stand or do you have a different project in mind. and what sort of cost per unit are you thinking?

No Multistrada

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:25 pm Reply with quote

Hi Gregski!

Are there any news about the production of your center stand? I'd be interested in one, as well as I'd like to know the price.

thanks in advance,

Bence
lotus54
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote

I see no 'feet' on the prototype stand.
I hope you add some, otherwise it will tend to really Sink into asphalt.

Mark

Beta XTrainer 300
Gregski

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote

rottarbence wrote:
Hi Gregski!

Are there any news about the production of your center stand? I'd be interested in one, as well as I'd like to know the price.

thanks in advance,

Bence

Hi there I have a speared post about the finish stand please see below :

http://www.multistrada.net/forum/viewtop...er+centre+stand

hope this will answer all questions

cheers Greg