Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: 04 used (13kmi) or 05 New ($challenged)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
atwood
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Gray)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:43 am Reply with quote

The 12k mile service shouldn't be $1000, but it will run anywhere from $450 to $700, depending on the dealer.

You can do it yourself. The only thing that would require a special tool is a full tuneup if the bike isn't running right. For that, you'll need to get the tuning software for about $225, IIRC from techoresearch.com.

You can do the belt replacement, valves, mechanical throttle body balance, oil and filter, etc without special tools. See ducatisuite.com for some procedures.

The service manual is a bit pricey. You can get scanned pdf versions from ebay, just beware that they're violating copyrights, not searchable and therefore a little more difficult to use than an official version.

There is a good 2v manual available for order from desmotimes.com, though I don't recall it covering a lot on the fuel injection (I've only quickly skimmed through my copy so far). Correction: it does have a fuel injection chapter, just 4 chapters removed from the carburetion one. I read through a lot more of the manual last night. Lots of good tips in this book as well, highly recommended