New Multi!  
23%
  23%  (6)
Total Votes : 26

vincentgurle
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:12 pm Reply with quote

Hey all!

I've been lurking here and looking at what people have to say about the multi, and it seems like almost everyone loves it!

This has made me heavily consider trading my Hyperstrada for a Multistrada for a few reasons:

- At 6'1 the lower hyperstrada is cramped after a while, and two-up the suspension gets completely overwhelmed.

- The clutch on the hyperstrada has the shortest friction zone of any clutch I've ever used, and isn't the friendliest around town

I'm considering buying a used '11/'12 with ohlins + ohlins electronic control unit, or waiting for the new one to come out, and seeing what they have to offer, though financially I think it's the used '11/'12 that would win.

What would you guys do? Invest some more into the hyper and make it more tall guy/2-up friendly? Or would you spring for the multi?

Anyone here done this same leap as me? Added a poll to see what people's thoughts are.

Thanks guys! Mr. Green Very Happy

UPDATE/EDIT:

So it seems most people are going for the used Multi - from what it seems the '13 model seems more smooth than the '12 model according to some forum posts.

Anyone want to chime in on a specific MY/Version to look for based on their experience?

Thank you for answering the question guys!
moby34
MTS: 2010 1200S (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote

The '13 introduced dual spark and skyhook. This time of year you may get deals on new 14s as well. But in reality, any year would be a good step up from the Hyper, especially if you plan on doing touring etc. and would fit a taller guy better. If buying used, just make sure all updates have been done, mostly for a 10, but each year has some upgrades. The jury is still out on skyhook vs. ohlins.
bgone
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:03 pm Reply with quote

I've test ridden a Hyper and think they would be a great run around town/track bike. But I can't see them ever being a great two up bike unless maybe you're 5'5" and your passenger is 5' (I'm 6'4"). I've been looking at used new gen Multi's but they have not been able to pry me off my hopped up '04 yet.

The 2015's may be a different story....
potomacduc
MTS: 2013 1200 (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:56 pm Reply with quote

With the 2015 model having significant changes, you might be able to get a really good deal on a left over 2014, if not now, then when the new model starts arriving at dealers.
coman
MTS: 2013 1200S (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote

Go for the MY 13 if you can afford it. The engine/LED lights/Skyhook were real improvements that year, with the engine upgrades giving low rev smoothness and better fuel consumption.

But if the pennies are tight a MY 12 with Ohlins and CPU is a very good alternative.

MTS: 2013 1200 (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:23 am Reply with quote

Get a 13 or 14 Multi.....once the 15 comes out they should be a bit cheaper. Might even get a demo or used one at a very good price.
mali
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote

Thanks guys, found a lot of useful information