Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: looking at exhaust upgrade options, please someone help!
nuccifilms
MTS: 2006 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:35 am Reply with quote

my 2003 MTS 1000ds is just crying for some deeper sound. my question is my stock US exhaust already comes with the cat-eliminator, so will i still benefit in getting a whole system and replacing my headers?

the ARROW full titanium system is something hot, but still within my price range, but again, am i benefiting from a full system if i already cat-converter eliminated in my stock?.

also, considering the SPARK full system at motowheels.com for a little over $1,000 the stainless on this system looks as impressive, like the more expensive STAINTUNE (but then again, i've been doing more looking and speculating than anything)

anyone out there that's been through the whole array of choices out there to steer me to a quality system that will deliver the deepest pipe sound for the dollar? should i cough up a little more for the REMUS or LEO VINCE systems?

thanks to anyone that has been there, done that, and could pass on his lessons learned.
Rush

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:08 am Reply with quote

Sounds like the headers have been changed if there is no cat. If you still want to change the headers the Leo Vince's are perhaps the best value. And as for as I'm concerned the Remus titaniums are great. I do like the staintunes all stainless look but they are at a premium. The Remus comes with a nice stainless down pipe. Great sound with the Remus and the ti look needs no intro. Hope this helps.

Tod
stueyburr
MTS: 2007 1100 (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:51 am Reply with quote

If the headers are already changed I would save your money and just buy the silencer section. I changed my headers first, noticed a definite improvement in acceleration and a more pleasing note. I now run with Leovince silencers too (baffles removed) - OMG this is what a ducati is supposed to sound like Very Happy
nuccifilms

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote

ok, that definitely enlightened me. don't think i'd ever get a straight answer from a salesperson more interested in moving additional headers out the door. however, the spark 304 stainless headers look verrrrrryyy impressive, particularly for the money $350. does anyone know about these? if i do get a full system in stainless, then i won't have the discoloring of my current headers? also the 2 to 1 configuration on the shinny stainless of the spark and staintune headers look as though they a bigger diameter and cleaner configuration. am i correct? and would that play into the overall sound?
doulos
MTS: 2007 1100 (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quote

I would go for the Spark exhaust. I had Spark CF cans and full system on my Monster. Excellent system. Very good quality and sounded very deep in tone. Many sound clips available on YouTube to listen to.
On my MTS I have the Remus CF cans. I just like the CF over the bling of stainless. Hope that helps you some.

MTS: 2008 1100S (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote

+1 on the Leo Vince Slip-on's. I had the cat-elim. for a while then installed the slip-on's and WOW what a sound. Truely amazing. More power too.

ECU re-flash and PC3 Dyno-tune
mali
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:26 pm Reply with quote

Thank you guys found was looking for !!!