Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: one week multistrada testing
beume082
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:15 am Reply with quote

I've rented a Multistrada for one week. I've drove the bike to Belgium, Luxumbourg and Germany. 1250 km in 6 days. What a GREAT bike Very Happy .
The silvergrey Multistrada had 10000 km on it. Most of the problems mentioned here on this forum occured on this multistrada also.
Fuel gauge, brakes (just a little bit) ,squeeking clutch and leeking oil lines. (a lot). Also one of the mirrors was completly loose.........but hey! I'm gonna buy this bike anyway (next spring) Mr. Green

Question: The exhaust was completly rusty (this was a rent bike, they don't wash or polish those bikes a lot) How can you keep it rust free or how do you clean it?
Jantah
Site Admin
MTS: 2003 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 3:23 pm Reply with quote

beume082 wrote:
Question: The exhaust was completly rusty (this was a rent bike, they don't wash or polish those bikes a lot) How can you keep it rust free or how do you clean it?

I am afraid that will be very hard to stop Crying or Very sad. I've hardly ridden the bike in the rain so far, and some of the pipes are starting to show rust now, probably just because of the heat. I tried removing it with Nevr Dull, to no avail.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger Top