Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Termi's or original exaust system?
Toontje
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:22 am Reply with quote

Yes! A few days ago I said "Yes I will" to a Multistrada 1000S DS after wrecking my St4s while doing a training to improve my riding technique...

Now I am in serious doubt wether or not to have it come with Termignolis. The sound made by Termi's on a 749 is far to loud for me, but I just love the deep Ducati sound provided by not-completely-legal-sound-systems. Can anybody tell me about the Termi sound for Multistradas: what is the level (in dB), can you buy street legals with removable silencers and if so, how does this effect preformance, ...

To put a long story short: please share everything you think might contribute to my decision about the Termi's.

Thanks in advance! Question
Anton
wayward
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:45 am Reply with quote

Toontje wrote:
To put a long story short: please share everything you think might contribute to my decision about the Termi's.

Thanks in advance! Question
Anton

Anton,
There are a lot of good after market exhaust systems for the Multistrada. Staintune, Arrow, SIL/FBF, Remus and more recently Zard are some that come to mind. Slip ons by the other manufacturers are just as good as the Termis for a lot less money. I would only go with the Termis if you really want to keep the stock look on the back end. Personally I couldn't justify the cost of the Termis when for a few bucks more than the Termi slip ons, I got a Staintune FULL system.

The Staintune cans have removable sound baffles and with the full system with the baffles in it sounds great, its got that deep Ducati rumble but is still legal, although just barely. With the baffles out they are LOUD, obnoxiously loud. Most of the others also have removable baffles and many other members have installed them with great result although I can not speak personally to the issue of systems other than the Staintune.

So if you really want the Termis, then by all means get them. But if you don't mind changing the look a little you can get a lot more for your money by going with something else. You can do a forum search using the key word "exhaust" and you will find lots of information about the many various exhaust systems for the Multistrada as it has been discussed at length many times in the past.

John

Toontje
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:02 pm Reply with quote

John, thanks for your reply Clap . I'm new in the forum world and hadn't thougt of the search option. Indeed I did found a lot of usefull information! However, I still do not know what the noise level of Termi's is and couldn't find anything on the street (il-)legalness of the system Think

Therefor: please anyone, can you help me out on this?

Anton