Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Possible new buyer?
craigfriedman67
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:56 pm Reply with quote

Hello to all,
I curently ride a Honda ST1300 and previously owned a Honda VFR 800 and VFR 750. My current ST is extremely comfortable for my 6'2" 165 lb body. I realize that these bikes are very different but is there anyone out there that is my size and currently rideing a multistrada that can give me some feed back. (comfort, wind protection, head, buffeting from wind etc...) Also how is it riding two up? Please realize that I live in New York City and my longest trips are usually 300 miles.
JohnB
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:11 am Reply with quote

craigfriedman67 wrote:
Hello to all,
I curently ride a Honda ST1300 and previously owned a Honda VFR 800 and VFR 750. My current ST is extremely comfortable for my 6'2" 165 lb body. I realize that these bikes are very different but is there anyone out there that is my size and currently rideing a multistrada that can give me some feed back. (comfort, wind protection, head, buffeting from wind etc...) Also how is it riding two up? Please realize that I live in New York City and my longest trips are usually 300 miles.

Hi Craig,

Let's put it this way, your ST is better suited for long distance touring than the Multi. The Multi is better suited for everything else !
Habanero
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Gray)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:25 am Reply with quote

craigfriedman67 wrote:
Hello to all,

Craig-I'm your height, have a few pounds on ya, though..I'm about 210. I think you will like it, very comfy for taller folk. Nice tall, commanding position, great maneuverability. You won't probably like an '04 or earlier windscreen, but the '05 version does just enough for me. There are many screen options out there if you want more protection.

Two up is fine, but I am looking for a backrest for my gal....Corbin makes one, but I like the stock seat. You can get one with a top box also, but I think they are butt ugly..literally.

Go test one, you'll love it. And I'll bet you take off on trips of longer than 300 miles. You'll be looking for lunch spots 300 miles away. It's not that great for long stretches of freeway, but eats the miles up everywhere else.

scott
craigfriedman67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:20 am Reply with quote

thanks Scott for the feedback, I really aprreciate it. Living in NYC not many dealers allow you to test ride a bike before you buy it. I don't know if it is the same in Seattle or not.
Habanero
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Gray)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:48 am Reply with quote

craigfriedman67 wrote:
thanks Scott for the feedback, I really aprreciate it. Living in NYC not many dealers allow you to test ride a bike before you buy it. I don't know if it is the same in Seattle or not.

Really? I wouldn't buy without a test ride.

Call around, I'll bet they might surprise you. I test rode several bikes earlier this year, came back and rode the Multi 3 times. Ride up on your Honda and they might be more inclined to let you take a test ride out.

I actually had a blast testing bikes last spring & summer. I definitely thought I was going to buy the KTM 950 until I rode the Multi and it was all over.
djmsenior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:39 am Reply with quote

Being 6'4" and 220 I'm a bit bigger than the average biker. I can't be doing with bent, cramped legs and sore backs. But that's why I bought the Multistrumpet.

Riding position is spot on. Seat to peg distance is good. Seat to ground never really bothers me.

I must admit I am thinking of upgrading the screen though.

You really need to get a test ride. One 40 minute ride on the Strada was enough to convince me that that's what my next bike would be!
craigfriedman67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote

thanks frot he reply. I will let you know how it goes.
atypical1
MTS: 2006 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:44 pm Reply with quote

I am 6'2" 230lb and the bike fits me really well. The screen is good up to 80 or so then it just gives up. At some point I will try a new screen. My wife digs the back end (I have a butt-ugly top box...super practical). I came off of a BMW RT so I am used to a TON of wind protection. I actually like the openess of the MTS.
Enjoy and good luck!