Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: New Convert
HooliKen
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote

Just a little background. I have been riding motorcycles since the weee age of 6. Being a month away from my 36th trip around the sun I figured it was time for a change. I started in the dirt, as we all should and graduated to street riding before I could legally do so.

It was 1987 when I was first bitten by the sportbike bug and as far as street goes that is what I have been riding for the last 20 years. My most recent bike was a 2004 R1 that I put a lot of time and attention into. Absolutely loved this bike. But even at my age the outright power was addictive and I could not see making it much longer with my perfect driving record not being marred. So last Saturday I watched a gentlemen load her into his trailer and hand me some cash.

Two weeks ago I was in Charlotte NC on business and happened into BMW-Ducati of Charlotte. They had a new 2006 1000S and a lightly used 2004 MTS. The first question I asked the salesmen (Larry) was.. "Can I ride it." He said.. "Test ride yes..around the parking lot...No" I ask.."Who the hell wants to ride a bike around a parking lot?" So I gear up and mount the 2004 and off we go. Thirty minutes later we return to the lot and I am wondering what the funny feeling is.........oh yeah..........I have been grinning non stop for thirty minutes. The bike has a Termi exhaust with cat eliminator.......and it was one of the most beautiful sounds I have ever experienced. Add to that the symphony of noise coming from between my legs and I was in heaven. I am 6'5" and the ergos where just about spot on. Adjust the levers (remember 30 years in the dirt) and it would be perfect.

Before I let myself rant to long let me just say this. I am going to Charlotte this weekend to pick up the 2004. It also comes with a Givi Trunk and some other little odds and ends.

Basically just wanted to say Aloha!
Thanks for listening,
Ken

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum...........I suck at this interweb thing. Mr. Green
fmechini
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am Reply with quote

HooliKen wrote:
Just a little background. I have been riding motorcycles since the weee age of 6. Being a month away from my 36th trip around the sun I figured it was time for a change. I started in the dirt, as we all should and graduated to street riding before I could legally do so.

It was 1987 when I was first bitten by the sportbike bug and as far as street goes that is what I have been riding for the last 20 years. My most recent bike was a 2004 R1 that I put a lot of time and attention into. Absolutely loved this bike. But even at my age the outright power was addictive and I could not see making it much longer with my perfect driving record not being marred. So last Saturday I watched a gentlemen load her into his trailer and hand me some cash.

Two weeks ago I was in Charlotte NC on business and happened into BMW-Ducati of Charlotte. They had a new 2006 1000S and a lightly used 2004 MTS. The first question I asked the salesmen (Larry) was.. "Can I ride it." He said.. "Test ride yes..around the parking lot...No" I ask.."Who the hell wants to ride a bike around a parking lot?" So I gear up and mount the 2004 and off we go. Thirty minutes later we return to the lot and I am wondering what the funny feeling is.........oh yeah..........I have been grinning non stop for thirty minutes. The bike has a Termi exhaust with cat eliminator.......and it was one of the most beautiful sounds I have ever experienced. Add to that the symphony of noise coming from between my legs and I was in heaven. I am 6'5" and the ergos where just about spot on. Adjust the levers (remember 30 years in the dirt) and it would be perfect.

Before I let myself rant to long let me just say this. I am going to Charlotte this weekend to pick up the 2004. It also comes with a Givi Trunk and some other little odds and ends.

Basically just wanted to say Aloha!
Thanks for listening,
Ken

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum...........I suck at this interweb thing. Mr. Green

she bit ya! Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

Welcome home son. Very Happy
Fred

2005 Red Ducati Multistrada "la signorina"
2003 Blue Suzuki DR650 "il muletto"
Doc
MTS: 2003 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:33 pm Reply with quote

You've been possesed now Ken Very Happy

Congrats and enjoy your new Multi, hope to read more from you in the future.

Cheers,

Doc

atypical1
MTS: 2006 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Congrats! I have the S so I am really biased (ahem....get the S if you can!). It is a great ride and you will love the Multi! You are dead on about the grin. Ducs have a way of doing that to you!

jeffshafer
MTS: 2006 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:42 am Reply with quote

You now have a hot girlfriend.

BWM K75S
Yamaha 550 Seca
Indian 80cc Minicycle
Taco Mini Bike
HooliKen
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:52 pm Reply with quote

I feel like I am 16 again waiting on my prom date......... I cannot wait to get my new girl home and go hit some of my favorite local roads. Mr. Green

No Multistrada

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote

I've been lurking here for awhile and felt compelled to post on this topic because I took a test ride on an '06 1000s on Sat and had pretty much the same experience. I'd ridden a Monster 750 for about 2 years and sold it last July because I felt cramped on it (I'm 6'3").

I bought an '04 BMW 1150 GS at that time, which fits me well, but I've been missing that Ducati thing. The test ride put me over the top, so I'm putting the GS up for sale. The demo bike had Remus cans which contributed much to a satisfying ride!

I'm hoping I'll be able to find a used '05 "S," though it looks there might still be some good deals on new '05s.