Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: My money's down, so what's the verdict?
tengrand
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 1:48 pm Reply with quote

I've my deposit down on a red Multistrada here in the States (Chicago). If I believe what my dealer says, I should see it within a month.

So what's the verdict from those who have their's (Schroel)? Is it as brilliant as the reviews state (especially Bike Magazines First Ride). How's it going to feel for touring, city riding, etc? Is this the really the all arounder?

Are people just nit-picking on the negatives? Electric connectors not being wll protected, low-fuel indicator not reading acuratley.

I'd like to disregared opinion on the demo bike someone posted. It's probably been abused some.

Also, anyone have paniers yet? I'd like to get mine ordered and am debating between the 18L or 24L. While I'm at it, how's fitting a tank bag? It's going to have to be strapped on.

Thanks.
schroell

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 6:40 pm Reply with quote

I am really convinced that it is the best deal I did to trade my 916 in against a Multistrada. It is perfect to ride with a partner, I get my GPS tomorrow and I was wondering to invest into the panniers, because of the holders, which are left after the panniers are of the bike. I think it will destroy the geometry of the free standing wheel. It is a real all rounder, it feels best in mountains or tiny roads hills and curbs. It is fantastic to drive because of it’s great torque. It should not be used beyond 160km/h because of heavy wind. So if you live in a country with speed limit on the highway then you are fine. If you want to got to the racetrack by a 999, which I happened to test for 1 week. If you like cursing, and fast overtaking, racing trough the curbs and setting the pace in hill climbing, then you have to get the bike.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:16 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I think as an all-arounder, this is going to be the bike. The BMW1150GS and Aprillia Caponard didnt' move me. The only other bike I was thinking of was a hold-over Cagiva Gran Canyon. My riding is mainly either city commuting or touring, as for the track, that's what my track bike is for.

I wonder about the panier set-up. It appears there are two attachment points on the frame slightly below the seat where the carriers will be attached. These seem easily accsesable, so that removing the carriers might be easier than on other bikes. Put 'em on only when you need them.

Scroell, are you going to post some pictures of your bike?

Tengrand
schroell

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:36 pm Reply with quote

Will have to clean the bike and then I shoot some pics for you guys...
promised