Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: - New rider... Need help with my first Bike HELP!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
wayward
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:39 am Reply with quote

tarzan wrote:
I think the MTS 620 would be ok to get as a beginner. it isnt a terribly fast bike but it is still fun... And didn't Ducati bring this one out so that beginners can have Dukes???
Kind of pricey for a first bike so I would still reccomend going with a cheap used bike as others have suggested as a first bike but if you can afford it, I wouldn't fault you for picking the MTS620 as a first bike.

jjirwin
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 5:31 am Reply with quote

I'm in about the same boat:
Walked straight out of the California MSF class (2 nights classroom instruction, 2 afternoons riding practice) onto a Multistrada 620 (for the past 8 days). I also enjoy mountain biking (no crazy downhill, though!) and racing cars (only twice on the track).

Multi (or any shiny new bike) as a first bike:
You *must* be both mentally and financially ready if you drop the bike. If you will have either a heart attack, or financial trouble, if you drop it, don't get it!! If that's OK, the 620 is a great first bike. Don't forget to budget cash for any storage bags, insurance, and protective gear. And the very expensive services!!

Multi in general:
Only a week of experience doesn't make me an expert, but it's not a sport bike, it's not a touring bike, it's not a off-roader. It's a little of everything (OK, maybe not much in the unpaved roads), a great compromise, and a really fun bike! If you like sport, want to travel long distances, and might go on bumpy dirt roads (e.g., to a unpaved camping site), and only want one bike, this is the one!