Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Buy now or wait?
Pierre D
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:15 am Reply with quote

Is it true that the 620 Multistrada is being replaced with a 695? Does this mean I would be better off waiting to buy the larger model? I like the idea of bigger motor, but am cautious about buying the first year out.

Would I be better off buying a new 2006 or 2007 620 and just sticking with something that has been well tested even if production is going to stop? Advice would be greatly appreciated.

MTS: 2006 620 (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:25 am Reply with quote

Word is the 2007 620's will only be sold in Europe.

No 695's on the board as of yet for 2007.

Additional rumor is 2007 will be an 800?

Comparisons test say the 620 Monster motor was better than the new 695 motor in overall performance... see Motorcycle Consumer News.

U could probably get a great price on a leftover 2006 620... I'd say go for it...

Wink

No Multistrada

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:14 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice XSTRADA. Sounds like the 620 is going to be a self-bought Christmas present. Smile Woo hoo!

MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Gray)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote

According to my dealer, the only 695cc will be the monster. 620cc multi will stop and no 800cc multi also.
The bottom line is that only 1100cc multi will be available.

Thats for Greece at least.
BikerRN

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote

Stradas wrote:
According to my dealer, the only 695cc will be the monster. 620cc multi will stop and no 800cc multi also.
The bottom line is that only 1100cc multi will be available.

Thats for Greece at least.

I'm hearing the same thing here in the states. It's sad really because the "Babystrada" is starting to catch on and it's a hell of a bike.

Biker
wahtab

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote

I've just put down deposit today to buy another '06 MTS-620 to replace my damaged '06 MTS-620. With the Termi, the lowering link and the 14-T front sprocket, it was really perfect for me - alone, or with wife in the back seat. I just enjoyed working the bike throughout the RPM range and all the gears. It's good to reach 10,000 RPM without hitting the rev limiter and it SOUNDS great ( only in 2nd and 3rd gears for me so far ). Can cruise all day long at 80-85 mph, and occasional 95- to pass traffic is no problem. What more could I want!?

XSTRADA

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:38 am Reply with quote

The 620 is an awesome ride... perfect for my stature and riding style.

Only other mod I'm gonna do is add my Staintunes if they ever get here...??? and some PIAA Multi driving lights and I think I'm done unless I catch Joes disease... Laughing

No Multistrada

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:41 pm Reply with quote

Listening to everyone get so excited about the modifications to their MTS makes me almost feel obligated to do the same. I'm going to stay stock for a while once I buy (gasp! I know!) Very Happy before deciding on any changes. Frasers in Perth will be the place I'll go for the bike. They've kindly said they'll take me on an extended run on a test bike. I'm only 5'6", so don't know if the bigger 'Strada will be too tall, but a decent run on both will be the way to find out - in the city and on the open roads. Any short people who ride the 1000? How does it feel?

MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Gray)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote

Not sure if you would think 5' 9" is short but I have owned a 1000 for 14 months. No problems with backing it out of a parking place on a slight hill. Mine has no changes from stock yet. When it goes in for its next major service tthat could change.
XSTRADA

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:49 am Reply with quote

Pierre... I'm only 5'5"/30" inseam and handle my 620 with finesse.

The 1000 was just too tall for me thinking I could get myself into a jam without full control and hence maybe drop it... not a feeling I like.

Today I took the wifey for a 4 hr ride... she's like 4'11" and 110lbs... didn't even know she was on the back most of the time.

The 620 has plenty of torque and power for 2 average riders.

What U waiting for?

Smile

No Multistrada

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:11 am Reply with quote

Hmmm, no matter which way I turn it all comes back to the 620. The only thing I'm waiting for now is my job to go full time - one more month...it's gonna be a long month. Think

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:27 pm Reply with quote

Pierre D wrote:
Listening to everyone get so excited about the modifications to their MTS makes me almost feel obligated to do the same. I'm going to stay stock for a while once I buy (gasp! I know!) Very Happy before deciding on any changes. Frasers in Perth will be the place I'll go for the bike. They've kindly said they'll take me on an extended run on a test bike. I'm only 5'6", so don't know if the bigger 'Strada will be too tall, but a decent run on both will be the way to find out - in the city and on the open roads. Any short people who ride the 1000? How does it feel?

If you're only 5'6" then consider the lowering link. It costs only about US$ 110, and 1/2 - 1 - hour labor to install. It'll be safer and increases confidence on wet, soft or uphill surfaces, especially when 2-up. The 14-T front sprocket mod is cheap, and is the most bang-for-the-buck, as many have observed. But only at slow or walking speeds ; and even more so when 2-up.

The Termi exhaust costs a lot of money. In my honest ( and of course personal ) opinion, the improvements in sound and performance are more subtle and subjective ( but definitely not imaginary ). So you could wait and decide before doing the Termi or another exhaust option. Don't feel that you have to do any of the mods though, because for a lot of people the bike, in stock form, is just fine the way it is.