Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Market value of Mutistrada?
markinsac
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:35 pm Reply with quote

Hi folks,
I'm in the market for a mutistrada and was wondering where the market is for a 2005 low miles (5,000) with ohlins and some other after market OEM parts. The person here in town is asking $10,000.
There is a new 2006 with ohlins, and a 2yr warranty at a shop not far from here for $12,200.
Not knowing the market or resale value on Ducati's or MS's can I low ball either bike and expect to be laugh at or is there room to move on these motors? I know this is an open end subjective question but I'm new to Ducati's, and don't really know where to start.
Thanks in advance!!
Mark
flyboy52f
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:05 pm Reply with quote

Dealers in the North Texas area are asking 10990 for regular New 2006 MTS1000DS and 11990 for S model with upgraded suspension and lots of carbon fiber. Check with Cycle Trader or local dealers to see what is available on new 2006 with full warranty
Xfaty
MTS: 2006 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 9:53 pm Reply with quote

$10000 sounds a little high to me. I would be more inclined to ante up the extra dough for a new 2006. The full 2 year warranty would be a major factor in my decision.

I just bought a new '06 non ohlins model for the equvalent of about $9900 USD. I had an opportunity to purchase an 06 demo ohlins model for about $13300 USD. I'm not a good enough rider to appreciate the difference in the suspension so it was a no-brainer for me.

There is a dealer here with a silver '05 demo for about $8400 USD and a new '04 for the same price. Both are non ohlins models but for the price it might almost be worth shipping to the US.

Hope my ramble helps your decision Confused

Buy high, sell low.
wayward
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:51 am Reply with quote

$10,000 is way out of line for the used '05 offer $7500-$8000 and see if he bites. I wouldn't go more than $8500 for a used '05 and at 5000 miles, you gotta' take into account the cost of the 6000 mile service when purchasing it.

bikernut
MTS: 2006 620 Dark (Flat black)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:35 am Reply with quote

The market dosen't know what the Market value is right now!
Two weeks ago I saw my new 620 listed locally on e-bay for $6300 buy it now. Regular $7495. I checked Nada. A used 2006 was worth $6100 low retail, so I bought it for $6150. Good Deal huh?...Maybe!
I think because of recent incentives, dealer price drops, new model 07's coming in etc, NADA has re-priced them as of this date two weeks later my 06 620 mts is listed for $5305 low retail. There is another on E-bay with a BIN of $5999.Wall
Right now my dealer has a new gorgeous 06 Silver silver black DS on the floor for $10K and he is willing to talk. Nada low is $8k
Should be interesting?

02 Victory V92C (Poser Parade bike)
pwilson
MTS: 2006 620 (Black)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 10:34 am Reply with quote

bikernut wrote:

The market on any given day is always what any seller will sell for, and what any willing buyer will pay Dollar Euro Ducati logo Wink The laws of supply and demand are in full force and the rest of the stats (NADA, etc.) are just playing catch up. The data I'd really like to know are the margins on the '06 models and what the manufacturer might do (today!) for a dealer who sells below their actual cost. Guess I'd have to become a Ducati dealer to find out Cool Couple that information with the time they've had a bike in stock and you have a pretty good idea of how "motivated" they might be to sell at a certain price on any given day.

Just curious, which New England dealer did you buy from? I think we're really lucky to have so many to choose from around here (getting back to that supply and demand thing Wall ). There are six within the Greater Boston / Worcester / Southern NH area alone! From Cambridge MA that gives me a lot of choices Smile

-p
bikernut
MTS: 2006 620 Dark (Flat black)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:20 pm Reply with quote

pwilson wrote:
bikernut wrote:

Just curious, which New England dealer did you buy from? There are six within the Greater Boston / Worcester / Southern NH area alone! From Cambridge MA that gives me a lot of choices Smile

-p

I bought Mine From Dunbar Eurosports in Brockton. The owner Tom, Races a 999 and does pretty well. Pretty knowledgeable too. Has been selling BMW's and Ducatis for a while now. You gotta work him but he will give you a good deal if he can.

02 Victory V92C (Poser Parade bike)
markinsac
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:04 pm Reply with quote

2005 Black MultiStrada 3083 mi. Ohlins, cams, chip, airbox, steering dampner, (all Ducati) and a Termignoni exhaust. By the sound of what can be had in a given market I may have paid more than I should have; maybe , maybe not???
Looking forward to this forum in the future, and will post pics when I get the bike, hopefully in time for the moto show in San Mateo next week.
Mark

I meant to say thank-you for the input in the subject line but it did not come up, so thanks the feed back!!
potomacduc
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:19 pm Reply with quote

No Ohlins, but Battley in MD has two new (with a 3 year warranty) 2004 Multistradas (MTS1000DS) for $7995 + all the dealer charges and tax. That should be under $9K, out-the-door. Both bikes are red.

I'm looking to buy in February-March, so I've been closely monitoring the market. I've seen plenty of 03-05 bikes with mods and reasonable mileage sell in the $6300-$7800 range. You really shouldn't pay over $8K for a used 03 or 04;maybe $8500 for a clean well-modded 05. I'm not looking for an S, but from what I can tell, they keep much of their $2000 premium in the used market.