Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Are you trying to decide on a Multi?
mbdemers
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:48 pm Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I see alot of people asking whether or not they should buy a Multi as their next bike. I have an '04 black multi completely stock and it is the most fun bike I have ever owned. I went from a 748 to a 600RR and now the multi. I have about 2000 miles on the thing now and look forward to riding it every day. I had a bad instrument on mine which was promptly replaced by my dealer here in New Hampshire under warranty. Otherwise the bike runs flawless through everything. It has a unique style that people find very interesting, at the recently motorcycle event here in New Hampshire that attracts 350,000 motorcyclists my ducati got all kinds of attention people like looking at it and talking about it.

Go to a dealer sit on it, test ride it if possible, I promise you'll like it, its the kind of bike I look forward to owning a lifetime.
catdui

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:06 pm Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more mbdemers..

My route to the MTS was very simular ie ZX6R (J1), Monster 750, 748S and then heaven my new 2004 MultiStrada... 3,000+ miles later still Very Happy
Skip

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:23 pm Reply with quote

Hi, mbdemers, I just came in and registered.. I was wandering through some topics till I found this one....

I'm riding a 600RR, before that a TDM900, and I'm very curious about the differences you experienced between the 600RR and the Multistrada..

I'm still deciding buying one. I made a short testdrive and will be making a longer one next week.

I felt that the bike was very very light in steering and I think that will be one of the things I have to get used to. Most important thing is to get used to the character of a Ducati..

I always wanted one, but the Multistrada will be the right one because I want to travel a lot with it....
mbdemers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:55 pm Reply with quote

Hi Skip, The 600RR was a great bike but I needed something to go longer on, it also handles passengers much better since my girlfriend goes with me a lot. You can't lean as far on the multistrada as you can on the 600RR because you may drag some parts. The multistrda suspension soaks up bumps like nothing where on the 600RR you can't rides as fast on a bumpy road. Overall its been a very positive experience, I don't have the brake shudder problem, the fuel gage is annoying but I have learned to live with it, the instrument was replaced under warranty because the trip meter would not reset, and my oil temp would flucuate however I found it to be a loose wire. Overall I am very happy with the choice and don't have much of a problem keeping up with my friends who are still riding all out race bikes.
Prilliant04

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:21 pm Reply with quote

Like many people all it took was a test ride and I was well and truly hooked on the MST. I can't think of another bike on sale today that is so muh fun without jeapordising your licence at every decent straight yet will give sportsbike riders a real headache in the twisties.

The fact that it's agreat all round bike is just a bonus.

All being well I'll be picking up my Silver one on Sunday week. Can't wait!!