Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: No. CA. Dlr. Recommendations
JVS
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:59 pm Reply with quote

Could anyone recommend a Ducati dlr. up here that provides GOOD QUALITY service? Thanks

mousouris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:47 pm Reply with quote

Monroe Motors in San Francisco has a pretty good reputation. I have never had a bike serviced by them but Ihave bought parts from them and have had good results.

Ron Mousouris
kenvvy
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:52 pm Reply with quote

Modesto Ducati has top notch sales and service. I would recommend them highly. They have made owning a ducati an absolute pleasure! (Modesto Buell & Ducati) I know many people who come in from the bay area to do business with them.
JVS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:08 pm Reply with quote

I've got a call into Modesto. I'd much rather put it on remote control and run I-5 / 99 than hassel SF traffic. I wonder what San Rafel or Santa Rosa dlrs are like? Thanks for the info.

brb94965

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:04 pm Reply with quote

I like the guys in San Rafael, Ducati Triumph Yamaha. I haven't had much to do with the service dep't (fortunately!) but the parts guys and the owners are great people. The mechanics I've talked with seem very knowledgeable and are pleasant enough to to deal with.
Brian
dundee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:27 am Reply with quote

Talk to Don or Deanna At Modesto Ducati Buell!!! I've been to Munroe and most of the No Cal dealers. They just don't compare I told my buddy in the bay area to call them they gave him the best price and delivered a 999 to him in Los Altos. He never even came to Modesto. And as far as service top notch!!! And they always give me nice price breaks without asking Laughing Laughing Laughing As I said in an earlier post they really do want me to have as much fun as I can on my Multi! I really can't say enough good things about modesto ducati buell Laughing Laughing Laughing (209) 578-1330 (No I don't work there)
JVS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote

I called Modesto 2 times this week only to listen to their answering machine. They only have 2 lines coming into their store. I called the 3rd time today and their daughter in law who is the parts mgr. said they only check their messages once a week???? I guess that they hadn't checked their messages as of today.

What do you do if you are on the road and stopped for parts or tech info? I know there is 24 hr roadside assistance you can purchase which I plan on doing but it's just a comforting thought of knowing you can at least be able to leave a message that you know will be listened to at least on a daily basis w/ your selling dealer.

The local BMW dealer here in Chico, Ozzies, is well known for his service. He recently took an entire complete shaft drive system off of his last show room GS1200S that he'll be receiving for the next 4 mo. due to factory build dates and shipped it overnight up to his customer up in Wash. state who was at a BMW rally w/ his wife on their first out of town trip. That really says something for a selling/servicing dealer.

Moving beyond that (minor?) "hickup" Heather was very friendly after she got a feeling of my frustration and being a rider of the ST4 and Multistrada was able to give me her opinion of both motos which was good comparison. I ask her to have either her father or mother-in-law give me a call next week.

multi_SF

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 3:10 pm Reply with quote

I've had bikes serviced at Munroe since about '98 or '99. In my experience the service department does excellent work and is very competent. On the down side, they are very busy and it is difficult to get in for work. I have had to schedule work two or more weeks in advance. Also, the bike always comes back with greasy fingerprints; they don't do any sort of clean up after working as far as I've seen. Lot's of attitude (people feeling extremely cool) these days around that dealership as well. Still, they're very good mechanically. I could recommend them for the quality of the work they've done on my bikes. As far as the experience of dealing with them, it depends heavily upon who you deal with. Some people there are great, while others are downright unpleasant to deal with.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:04 pm Reply with quote

Check this thread:

http://www.ducatimonster.org/cgi-bin/yab...;num=1090391814