Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Falco to Multistrada...... Maybe
Prilliant04
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:30 pm Reply with quote

Hi folks, I'm new here and was hoping for a little advice. I've just got home after having a good test ride on a red MS and have to say I can't remember the last time I enjoyed riding a bike so much.

At present I'm riding an 04 Aprilia Falco (only Italian bikes for me please). It's the 2nd one I've owned and after 40,000 miles I feel I need something a little more comfortable. So I'm particularly keen to know if the comfort seat is any good ( the standard seat is like a friggin plank).

My local dealer has offered me his red demo bike for £6,500 with the comfort seat, new tyres and a full service. Does this sound like a reasonable price?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Neil.

MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 3:19 pm Reply with quote

I have the comfort seat and it works well. Weight makes a difference. I am 210lbs, so the seat needs to have a little more support than it does for someone at 150lbs. It is a vast improvement over the stock seat - I can do a couple of hours in the saddle with no problem at all. However, when I go on long trips (over 4-10 hours in the saddle) I also wear some Motocross padded shorts and it works very well. Overall, I'm happy with the looks and the feel of the comfort seat.
Tee-Dub

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:04 am Reply with quote

Oh Prilliant, you're busted! Gotcha! I have been hanging out here looking for a while too. Only bummer about selling the Aprilia for the MS is this forum isn't nearly as active as the Aprilia Forum. Dance

See ya,

Tee-Dub.
Prilliant04

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Blimey. Big brother is watching me. Well I've had the weekend to think about things and I'm gonna take the plunge. I'll be a Multistrada owner by the end of the week all being well.

I have to say I've had an absolute ball riding my aprilias over the last few years but I'm getting too old and sensible for a bike that encourages wholesale hooliganism in the way the Falco does.

Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't all end in tears. Wish me luck.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:44 am Reply with quote

Hi,

If it's a 2004 model with few kilometers on the meter and with those extras, I would say it's a good deal.

Pigdog
gbenner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:39 am Reply with quote

I have a new Tuono, as well as the Multi. I really like both bikes, but if i could only have one it would be the Multi, hands down, no question. Put 12k on the Multi (12 mo) and 4k on the Tuono (4 mo).

The Tuono has more power, by a fair margin, Multi handles a little better, will go nearly twixe as far on a tank, has hard luggage, more comfortable, blablabla.

Tuneups ARE more expensive though Sad
garyni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:58 pm Reply with quote

Hi Prilliant

i,m in Northern Ireland too,Banbridge to be exact and have just bought a Silver Multistrada.
Are you buying Charles Hurst demo bike?
Make sure he puts new mirrors on it!!

Gaz
Prilliant04

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:09 pm Reply with quote

Hi Gaz,

I was originally going to take the easy option and trade the Falco in with Hursts for their demo bike. But they were only prepared to give me £4K for the Priller with all my accessories. Ohlins shock, loads of good carbon bits, Mille swingarm, Aprilia carbon cans and chip. And they wanted £6,500 for the MST. It's not in the best nick and since then I've found a Silver one for sale in England at £5750 with 4K miles and the DP bellypan and seat cowl.

So I've organised a loan to pay for the MST and already sold all the Falco goodies except the swingarm for £800.

So I now have a late 2003 Falco for sale. Just 5000 miles and in immaculate condition. £4750 or £4500 without the Mille swinger.

If you know anybody who's looking for a great Italian bike and could handle the sportier riding position of the Falco please let me know.

I hope to have the MST for next weekend. Maybe we can meet up sometime and swap tales of woe and dodgy Italian electrics.

All the best, Neil

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:16 am Reply with quote

i have plenty tales of woe! but its a great bike when its working properley.
Hursts dont give a good deal on P/X.
drop me an email
g.sowerby@tiscali.co.uk
when you have your Multi.

Gaz
falcofred

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Prilliant04
I've also tried trading my 01 Falco this past weekend on a slightly used 04 MTS with 1000 miles. Dealer only wanted to give me $4500.00 USD on trade. So I've posted the bike for sale on the AF1 Racing Aprilia forum and Cycle Trader.net, and Motorcycle USA.com. He is asking $9,995.00 USD for the used MTS, which is the going rate, with cash I might be able to talk him down a few $. I also want the hard bags, so I'll have him price it with them. Then the real spending kicks in, pipes, hugger, fender extender, etc.