Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Thinking about a MS S1000DS 2005
slojoe
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:01 am Reply with quote

Hello to all,
Well about six months ago I was thinking about a MS but bought an S4R instead. Well it has gone on to a friend and I just saw the 05 MS. This bike looks great. My question is to those of you that have owned an MS. Has the bike made you a better rider. More confident, faster while still being safe? Think

Thanks slojoe Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:29 am Reply with quote

slojoe wrote:
Has the bike made you a better rider. More confident, faster while still being safe? Think

Thanks slojoe Laughing

this one is easy. The answer is YES (I had M750 before)
Martin Fernlund

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:08 am Reply with quote

Yes, definitely!

I had an ST2 before which I liked but the MTS is faster, more fun and has better suspension, (now also availible with the supreme Ohlins Razz ).

Being safe is a subjective thing... Think . The Multi is more forgiving and then also safer. But if you go faster because of that then you are back to square one I guess Rolling Eyes .
eReM
MTS: 2003 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:21 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I just saw the 05 MS. This bike looks great.

the 05 does not look (that) different from the 03/04! what do you mean?

I do not think this bike has made me a better rider... I am still the best! Wink (I mean I do not get any better; I've reached my boundaries Sad
ian916
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:10 pm Reply with quote

the bike is in Ducati terms is easier to ride, - it is no where near as stable as my 916 on long sweeping bends, but turns in so much easier the 916 could bruise palms! To have fun on a MS you don't need to be a track day king, - confidence? I guess I have a lot more confidence riding it on less than perfect roads, - which is most of the time in the UK then?? - Oh and 100% more confident doing 3 point turns in the road!!

eRem I think he is looking for the "S" which I have to agree with the gold bling looks very very good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:37 pm Reply with quote

Once again I will agree with Ian.

The Multistrada is not a particularly great track tool. My 916 is much more confidence inspiring and better suited to the acute lean angles commonly achieved on the track. However the my Multistrada is infinitely more comfortable for those 400 to 500 mile days that I often ride on the street. The Multi is more fun in just about every respect than my 916, or for that matter any sport bike I have ever ridden. The multi is also just about the most agile bike I have ridden

The Multistrada does not have any majic power to make you a better or safer rider. That is a factor of your personal commitment to the practice that leads to becoming a better rider. Furthermore, faster lap times at the track do not necessarily mean you are a better or safer rider on the street.

Ron
slojoe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:56 pm Reply with quote

Who said anything about track times? Think I was simply wondering if after owning one for a period of time it had given riders more confidence in their overall riding abilities due to the fact the bike is so user friendly. Smile
I will keep my Kawasaki 636 to improve track times!! Stubborn

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:32 pm Reply with quote

Joe.

I said something about track times. I said it because you asked if the Multistrada made any of us " better, more confident and faster...". Since it is difficult to acurately measure how fast you ride on the street I chose to use the more measureable example of track times.

I can honestly say that my Multistrada, while being my favorite bike, has not made me better, more confident, faster or safer. I do have a lot of fun on it though.

Ron[/quote]