Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Need Urgent Advice on First Bike (read this to know why)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Should I go for the mts1100 as 1st bike
yes  
35%
  35%  (10)
No go for the 620  
28%
  28%  (8)
Take a Jap Beater  
35%
  35%  (10)
Total Votes : 28

Bohdan
MTS: 2007 1100S (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:18 pm Reply with quote

kismat wrote:
I have to consider is, that I might decide within a year that biking is just not for me. So with all said and done, perhaps a 2nd hand bike is not such a bad idea after all.

This is another aspect that many people do not take into account - this is the reason why you can find so many bikes with ~1000..1500 miles on it, bought new and sold after 2-3 years. Until you try it you don't know if you like it.
That was also my reasoning when i bought my first bike (SV650) - go cheap, get used bike, good but not final, and reasonably priced good protective gear. If you like it - you will buy you dream bike with more understanding what you are doing, farkle it, add better gear...
I hope that you really like riding! Have a safe learning and buy Ducati when you ready. Smile

No Multistrada

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:06 am Reply with quote

Well after looking everywhere in Kuwait (very very small country). I have decided to purchase the BMW FS800S. I could not find a used bike that is safe on the road, most have been dropped a lot. And in Kuwait you dont want a dropped bike, unless you know the rider personally. A lot of those bikers will sell you a bike with a bent fork or something else thats not so easy to check.

Suzuki did not have any decent bikes, not even the SV650, I asked if I could order it, and was told that I would have to sit and chat with the sales manager. Besides I heard their service is less than well.... (some very creative terms come to mind).

I tried the MTS 1000DS and the BWM F800S, as well as some other bikes, like the Monster 620. Bottom line I felt most comfortable with the F800S, it was perfect. Very very comfy. And its not a scary bike either.

Case Closed,
Thank all of you for your valuable input.