Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Advice please for a U.S. want-to-be
nickybcareful
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:44 pm Reply with quote

I've had my sights on a Multistrada for some time. Since it would basically be a toy for me, I really wanted to buy a used one (I need some plausible explaination for my wife - it was a good deal Wink ) I found this one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...me=STRK:MEWA:IT It was titled 9/22/03 so the warrantee expires 9/22/05. Supposedly it has new stand, cluster, and mirrors. What do you think it's worth? More than $8,000? I think I can get a new one now (2004) for $10,500. Thanks for any advice. - Nick
Doc
MTS: 2003 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:47 pm Reply with quote

Don't realy know about the used prices. But from what I've seen, this bike has some extras: hard panniers (large ones), comfort screen, sargent driver seat, carbon clutch cover and carbon exhaust shield. All these are in favour to you I think, also the very low mileage of the bike, only 1300miles.

On the other hand just make sure that the mileage is the real one (possible replacement of dials) and verufy the model ('03 or '04) by the frame/engine number.

Good hunting,

Doc

steveberde
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:55 pm Reply with quote

if you can buy that bike for 8K it's a steal - that is if you could actually verify the mileage and be certain of the condition of the bike - that bike right now in dealers showroom would sell easily for over 10K - True, it's nearly winter and prices will be softer due to that- contact the seller and ask him what his reserve is - perhaps run the risk of waiting until it expires and then contact him. Negotiate directly with him and if possible get someone to see the bike to be certain it is what you hope it to be. Personally I'd never buy a bike on EBay but I would locate one on E Bay, If you can strike the deal with the seller ( price ) send him a refundable deposit if the bike is not what he promised when you went to see it. In that way it's a loss of possible some money and time for you but not a bike you don't want. As for the bike - if it's as good as it looks or sounds - if you can buy if for 9 or less I think you have a great buy - I bought similarly this summer for just over 9 with 2K miles - flew to Denver picked it up - the bike was pristine, the deal went without a hitch and everybody is happy. Good Luck
Steve (there's an old saying "bears make money, bulls make money, but pigs never do.) let this be a fun experience for all -
nickybcareful
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Happy! Happy! Happy! I haven’t felt like this since my 9th birthday when my parent rolled out a new English racer. Mom’s first words – Nicky be careful. Actually I’ve heard that a lot from girl friends and now constantly my wife. Did I mention happy – I just got a shiny black 04 Multistrada with 0 miles. Great end of the year deal at $9,100 on eBay. I tried to buy used, but everybody wanted too much. I’m looking sooooo forward to Spring and the twisties in southern Ohio. Very Happy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...item=2496763453
steveberde
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:09 pm Reply with quote

you did great - enjoy the bike
Rocker
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:31 am Reply with quote

Well done it sounds as though you have got a good a deal
I hope you enjoy your new toy in safety Sorry if that sounds like your mum Smile

MTS: 2003 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 7:43 am Reply with quote

Congrats nicky Very Happy

And now a bit of "mom's talk" : nickybcareful you should be ....careful Mr. Green

Enjoy and welcome to the Multi-frenzy.

Doc