Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: 749s owner looking for a change
neilrmar
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:09 pm Reply with quote

Hi guys

I've been lurking on this board ever since clapping my eyes on my first multistrada.

I currently ride a 749s and thinking about changing it for a multistrada. I used to own a triumph speed triple and loved it. Changed it for the 749 which i also love, but its just sooooooo uncomfortable unless you are really going for it.

My question is, do you think the strada will suit me? i want a bike i can ride around town, and be comfortable, and also be sporting enoough to satisfy me when i feel the urge to go for it. I love the look of the bike, i always like something that looks a bit different.

Thanks for your thoughts in advance

ps, anyone want to swap their ms for an immaculate 2003 749s in yellow?

Neil
Rocker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:00 am Reply with quote

Neil Several of the guys here have swapped their Ducati sports bikes for the MS and are quite happy with their decision.If you are located in the UK check out the DSC message board where you will see plenty of proof of this.Anyone in the UK who does not belong to the DSC is missing out anyway.
One of the best people on this forum to answer your question is Dementor.
As to comfort if you are buying a pre 05 model then IMHO a comfort seat from Ducati is a must. Having said that others are happy with seats from Corbin & Sargent. Just dump that OE seat.
Go for the MS you know it makes sense and the servicing is cheaper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 12:45 pm Reply with quote

gotta agree with rocker
I keep looking at 749 and 999 and thinking how i would love to have one of those, then i climb on board the mts with work stuff in panniers and lots of clothes on for the cold and think well i couldn't do this on a 749. Comfort is all day with a change in seat and screen.

You know it makes sense

Chris
grizz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:38 pm Reply with quote

Hi Neil,

I just went on a big group ride with at least 15 Ducati Sportbikes, and the Multi kept up just fine. I was worried that this group of sportbikers would be too aggressive for me to keep up with on this bike, but my multi was eating up the turns at the same speed as all of the sportier bikes. After today's ride, I am more impressed than ever with my Multi.

A couple of the guys on the sportier bikes had Multi envy, too. An hour and a half into the ride several of the riders were complaining about their backs and legs. I felt great. (Except for a little butt soreness, Ouch! That stock seat is hard as a rock.)

Anyway, I don't know if it'll handle exactly like your old bike, but I doubt you'll be dissapointed in it. It is fun in the turns. See if you can get a test ride on one.
vduc

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 12:21 am Reply with quote

Neil,

Sorry can't trade, I've already have an `03 749S in yellow and a Multistrada. Very Happy

I bought the 749S first to replace my 900SS. I started using 749S more and more for commuting to work because gas prices with a 4x4 truck and 110 mile round trip were killing me. The ride was 95% highway and now the 749S was killing. I test rode the Multi and fell for it (I didn't like the looks at first).

Now a ride the Multistrada 95% even for fast paced rides. The 749S last few outing have been on the track, and I'm thinking of making it a pure track/race bike. The ability to have saddlebags (something else I never thought I'd buy) is just great too. The handling on the bike isn't 749 taut because of the long travel suspension. The seating, bar and foot control position are great for throwing it around and still good on those boring flat straight in between sections.

The only 2 downsides comfort-wise for me the seat sucked and the windscreen could stand to be a little taller.

I can't stand the thought of having to make a choice between the two, if force to keep only one, I'd probably keep the Multistrada.

Vito
neilrmar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:08 pm Reply with quote

Guys

Thanks for your input. I'm going to get a test ride as soon as the rain stops (Hopefully between now and christmas!!)

I think my sportsbike days may be numbered!!

thanks

Neil
Rocker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:11 pm Reply with quote

neilrmar wrote:
Guys

Thanks for your input. I'm going to get a test ride as soon as the rain stops (Hopefully between now and christmas!!)

I think my sportsbike days may be numbered!!

thanks

Neil

I don't think you will regret it. i don't miss my ZX-9 or ZRX 1200 at all