Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: To Multistrada or not to Multistrada?
GTJerry
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:42 am Reply with quote

Greetings All,

Newbie here. I joined not because I have a Multistrada but because I can't get the bike out of my head. I currently have a 2001 S4 Monster and a 2001 750 Monster race bike. I love my S4. For me it is the best of both worlds and the best motorcycle purchase Ive made to date. It handles well and its way more comfortable than the GSXR750 it replaced. With that being said I still can't get the Multistrada out of my head. At first I wasn't crazy about the looks at all but it has grown on me.
I'm curious if any of you have had monsters (not in the closet) and if so what are the good and bad between the 2?

Thanks,
GT
Tee-Dub
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:23 pm Reply with quote

You wont have the power of the S4, but if you think that thing is comfortable, wait untill you get on the Multi! Go out and get a test ride, that will tell you better than anyone on this board can.

No Multistrada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 1:32 pm Reply with quote

I would love to take one for a test. My local dealer only had one left so no good on the test ride. I'll have to do some research because you are 100% right.

Thanks
dartfrog
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote

Were do you live? How does he expect to sell it w/out a test ride. Not like your a newbie street rider.
I'm fortunate to have 3 dealers in the state. So needless to say there all eager to move inventory.

If theres another dealer w/in a few hours ride call and see.

GTJerry
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 pm Reply with quote

dartfrog wrote:
Were do you live? How does he expect to sell it w/out a test ride. Not like your a newbie street rider.
I'm fortunate to have 3 dealers in the state. So needless to say there all eager to move inventory.

If theres another dealer w/in a few hours ride call and see.

Thats exactly what I'm going to do. If all else fails I'll come up to your neck of the woods and set something up with Bruce at BCM. I had the heads on my race bike done there and those guys are the best.

GT
dartfrog
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:15 pm Reply with quote

I bought mine at Naults in Manchester. http://www.naultsducati.com/
Last I looked he has a red and the silver (demo) left for sale.
I think he is offering the Silver as a sweet deal w/the 34l bags. $10,799
<http://www.getamotorcycle.com/dealer_pages/naultsducati/bike_detail.asp?unittype=&state_id=&stock_number=3082&dealer_id=95&page_color=>

It has more than 2 miles because I demoed at least 12 on this one.
Talk to Scott, tell him Charlie sent ya, ( no pun intended Wink

grizz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:39 am Reply with quote

I went to my local Ducati dealership intending to buy a Monster, but I ended up with the Multi. At first I thought it was too ugly, but I couldn't stop looking at it. A test ride on the Multi is what changed my mind. I'm over 6 feet and I just couldn't get my knees to fit on the Monster right. Also, the multi's more upright position felt very natural to me as I've spent alot of time on a dirt bike.

The multi is definately an odd machine. I don't think it's the kind of bike that everyone can love. I hope you get a chance to ride one soon and see if it grabs you.
Billy Bigwheels

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:41 pm Reply with quote

Had a M1000s

Prefer the MTS for comfort, handling, luggage, steering lock, ride position and believe it or not cred.

Loved the Monster don't get me wrong & was so sad when it went. Maybe i'm shallow but that only lasted for about 5mins after riding the MTS from the dealership.
GTJerry
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:38 pm Reply with quote

Billy Bigwheels wrote:
Had a M1000s

Prefer the MTS for comfort, handling, luggage, steering lock, ride position and believe it or not cred.

Loved the Monster don't get me wrong & was so sad when it went. Maybe i'm shallow but that only lasted for about 5mins after riding the MTS from the dealership.

I am really going to try and get a test ride on a MTS this spring. I'm also going to start dropping subtle hints to the Mrs. She will no doubt be my biggest obstacle. With good reason I must admit. I currently have an S4 Monster, a 750 Monster racebike, a Honda CB1, and a corvette. Plus my wife and I have 5 daughters. I am a selfish bastard Laughing
GT
Doc
MTS: 2003 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:41 pm Reply with quote

GTJerry wrote:
I currently have an S4 Monster, a 750 Monster racebike, a Honda CB1, and a corvette. Plus my wife and I have 5 daughters. I am a selfish bastard Laughing
GT

Shocked Shocked Shocked
That means 8 very nice ladies looking after you and...ofcourse a Honda that noone is looking after Laughing

Good for you Jerry, you're in a most envyable position I guess.

Doc

P.S: I'm up for adoption, can you consider me ? Whistle Mr. Green