Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Staintune Exhaust
kmasa58
MTS: 2007 1100 (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:12 am Reply with quote

I understand with Staintune headers/slip-on, you don't need to remap/re-chip your bike. Staintune claims that their product is designed with stock setting in mind to avoid lossing low/mid range where these bikes are ridden mostly. Anyone can attest to that? I'm considering a set since I mostly use it for sport-touring/commuting much of the time. I simply would like little more sound & if power is improved...so be it.
kmasa58
JohnB
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quote

Go for it. The Staintune header will improve the sound AND the low end smoothness just a little bit. Of course, if you have a 1000, getting rid of the "cat box" and the multiple header joints will be a major improvement in looks not to mention make it easier to clean the mesh screen oil filter (you won't have to remove the header to do this).
llswift
MTS: 2006 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:56 pm Reply with quote

I have the complete system on a 06 1000s and it sounds wonderful with and without the baffles. I have installed a Power Card to smooth out the fuel delivery. It produces a wonderful sound with no surging or backfiring and runs much, much, much better.

Good Luck on your decision.
Larry
nickybcareful
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:10 pm Reply with quote

+1 Yep, what they said. One of the best improvements I have made. I easily gained 1K of useful RPM on the low side. I had mine installed at my 6K service, so they dialed in the fuel mix, etc. If you're near one of your service intervals, that's the time to do it. Enjoy! Very Happy

�Keep your stick on the ice!�
� Red Green
Cool Person Test
blurin03
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:39 pm Reply with quote

I had the full Staintune system with the DB killers removed. When I had my 6000 mile service done the dealer said they adjusted it to as rich as possible with stock components but it was still a little lean.

I rode it like that for a while but found it backfired a little. I then decided to try it with the DB killers in....no more backfiring and much smoother running.

Part of the reason I put the DB killers back in was the articles I've been reading in the AMA magazine about some cities trying to enact laws against loud motorcycles. I didn't want to be part of the problem.
It still sounds SWEET!! Like a Duc should!! In love
rrichard
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:16 pm Reply with quote

I have a full system only with Silmotor hearders and I had the stock ECU re-mapped at BCM in Laconia by Kyle and the bike runs perfect with or without the insert with no lean back-fire. The driveability is excellent, smooth even at low RPM. I have never been happier with this bike.