Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: The new Japanese Multistrada
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
skeezix
MTS: 2006 620 (Red)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:21 pm Reply with quote

Interesting comparison. The Multi will always have more 'soul' than anything from Japan. However, it's always nice to see these types of multi-use bikes coming to market in the USA. I really hope that Kawasaki addresses the few problems the Versys has for 2009. Additionally, I hope we see another smaller displacement Multi in the next year or so, however I'm doubting it will happen.

MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:32 am Reply with quote

Alpo wrote:
Looks like a very cool trip ptooey! And those Versys look better in Aussie green than US red IMO. Sorry to hear about the crash of your 'Strada, is it just me or does this seem to be a disturbing trend lately? I genuinely hope you and your bike are both doing well.

Funny you mentioning the green-- another of the reasons that put me off the Versys. It's the reds and blacks you guys have up North that I prefer. No matter, the colours will no doubt be swapped for each hemisphere next manufacture year.

Bike's a goner, as for me it was a miracle I didn't end up any worse for wear.

Disturbing trend perhaps, but in my case I reached too many of my riding and the bike's limits at the same time -- riding on dirt whilst close to max load, without changing tyre pressure, on new tyres, at dusk, with lack of experience riding on dirt.

But even then, yes, it was a f'ing great trip. I'd love to do it again. But probably not with my new ride.
Hypermotards just aren't up to the task of touring... Razz

JC
MTS: 2006 620 (Black)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:16 am Reply with quote

I was a happy 06' 620 owner until this week, gas started leaking alot from under the tank. I was told that the tank had warped and it would be a while til they get another to replace it.
I hope warranty takes care of this rare but serious problem?
Good thing I wasn't far from home or a shop.....might have had to light a cig....??
JC Crying or Very sad

09 Kawasaki Super Sherpa [my real dirt bike]
uglyduc46
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:22 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the intelligent post and cool pic ptooey.
Ducati_Park
MTS: 2003 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:44 am Reply with quote

Its cool to see how passionate everybody is about their bikes.

The Kawasaki is a fine motorcycle, a bit uninspiring, but built to sell in a budget market for adventure bikes as opposed to the big buck GS/Tiger/KTM arena.

Adventure styled bikes are the new HOT market for the UK this year, and the manufacturers are jumping on the band wagon to catch up with the BMW GS800 sales.

Resale value will hit the Versy hard, as is normal with Kawasaki's due to the finish on the bikes after a winter or 2. Great deals will be available for folks who are open minded about this sector of the market and have a little less budget than some but want a piece of the action.

As for the multi, in both the small and large engine sizes, well lets just say that Ducati had their finger on the pulse years ahead of the rest with regards to the dual purpose market.

Reliability issues?

My first multi had an LED problem in the dash .... an expensive fix had it not been done under warranty, but apart from that, nothing, absolutely nothing to speak of that would seperate it from any other motorcycle in its class.

Cool