Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Back to Motorcycle
bilbao53593
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote

A buddy of mine is pimping me to get a dual purpose bike. It has been 25ish years since I owned one and it was something like a Honda 250. I have been researching a Multistrada GT and really, really like it but it is a lot of money. Have taken his BMW 1200GS for a couple spins and I didnt fall in love with it as he did. Just wondering what differences I will notice, the GS felt slightly top heavy and clunky with a lack of power at gear shifts. Most all of the riding will be single and on pavement.
I also didnt like the feeling of the "slippery" tar substance they are filling cracks in the roads around here. Not sure why it feels like the back end was going to slide out but it was really noticeable.
The Ducati dealership is a hour and a half away so trying to research as best I can before I make the trip.
Thanks in advance
1198NK
MTS: 2011 1200 (White)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote

Both the MTS and the GS are great bikes. A friend of mine has a GS ADV and we ride together a lot. It all depends what your riding will be. I like my MTS because I can ride it like a sport bike if I get in the mood or just cruise around. But the sportiness is always a twist of the throttle away. The GS on the other hand is certainly geared more towards off road and comfort. He has better wind/rain protection and can get away from me on dirt roads. But for my size, I am very happy with the protection from the elements my MTS gives. And as far as he can get ahead on dirt roads, well I can easily get that far ahead when we hit the twisties. Ive been riding 12 years, the MTS is bike number 10 for me. Far and away the most fun and enjoyment ive ever had riding motorcycle. 16 months and 14,000 miles and nothing but smiles.
zookiman
MTS: 2006 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:07 pm Reply with quote

Looks like you have some Yamaha ha ha dealers near by.
I like that Super Tenere
http://m.yamahamotorsports.com/ModelDisp...d=651&nav=f

2020 Hypermotard 950sp OMFG!!!!