Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Is this a good deal on an '05 MTS 1000 S?
skoobeesnak
MTS: 2008 1100S (Black)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quote

5,300 miles, termi exhaust, ECU and airbox, CRG, levers, DP side panniers and top box, + DP steering stabilizer all on new tires. $9,000? I am looking to move from my S2R1000 to something a little more suited to the type of riding I am wanting to do. Any words of advice are appreciated.
Strog
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:43 pm Reply with quote

KBB says a little over $10k so at least you are on the right side of that. Wink It's coming up on a service soon but you probably realized that being a Monster owner. Seems pretty good to me assuming it's nice and clean. Mr. Green

MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:47 pm Reply with quote

I would try to haggle down to $8k. Razz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote

PhilipMSPT wrote:
I would try to haggle down to $8k. Razz

I don't think he is that desperate considering all of the upgrades on the bike. It wouldn't hurt to ask I guess.
potomacduc
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quote

Multis can be slow sellers. Being an '05 and an 'S' does help that bike and the mods are nice. Still, I would think you should at least be able to barter in the 6K service and get down to around $8500.

After 6 years on a Monster, I moved to the MTS about a year ago. The riding experience is different and it has taken me some time to adapt. On a tight road, I might still be faster on a Monster, but the gap is closing and I am happy with the choice. I will eventually be as or more confident on the MTS and the MTS is definitely a more versatile steed.

Offer him $8K and settle for $8500 and enjoy!

PS, all of my advice only applies if the bike is black. If it is silver subtract $2-300 and if it is red subtract at least $1000 because red is much slower Wink
Scrambles
MTS: 2006 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:39 pm Reply with quote

Sounds pretty good, but it's still a used bike. I agree that some haggling would get rid of any doubt. It could have the valve guide problem, you know.... Think I agree with potomacduc about the price.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quote

potomacduc wrote:
Multis can be slow sellers. Being an '05 and an 'S' does help that bike and the mods are nice. Still, I would think you should at least be able to barter in the 6K service and get down to around $8500.

After 6 years on a Monster, I moved to the MTS about a year ago. The riding experience is different and it has taken me some time to adapt. On a tight road, I might still be faster on a Monster, but the gap is closing and I am happy with the choice. I will eventually be as or more confident on the MTS and the MTS is definitely a more versatile steed.

Offer him $8K and settle for $8500 and enjoy!

PS, all of my advice only applies if the bike is black. If it is silver subtract $2-300 and if it is red subtract at least $1000 because red is much slower Wink

This is good advice, I am not really a fast street rider I have been an offroad rider for many years and I think that is why I find the multi more comfortable for me being 6'1" with a 34" inseam the MTS seems to fit me like a glove at least sitting on it. Oh and it is black which I guess makes it worth looking at...haha I prefer the look of the black ones, something about the way the ohlins looks look with the blak just does it for me.