Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: 2nd Bike?
rajbbhatt
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:07 am Reply with quote

MTS riders

I am eyeing the MTS 1000 for a second bike. To give you some history. I have been riding a Ninja 250 for the past 1 year and I have put on 3000 miles. I test rode the MTS and I thought I did quite well in the 15 minutes I had it. I really like the bike for its handling and easy of use.

Question: is the MTS too big of a jump for me? I know I havent tested the limits of the bike. I was thinking of waiting for the MTS 620, but I am worried I would outgrow it too quickly. If there was a MTS 800, there would not be an issue.

Can I get your guys's feedback. How long of a riding experience did you have prior? Are there any other standard bikes you would suggest instead that have similar handling to the MTS?

Thanks in advance!

R.
russmu66

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:52 am Reply with quote

The MTS 1000 is a very easy bike to own and ride. I've ridden 750s and 600s that are more of a handful to ride. If you were contemplating a GSXR, ZX-R, YZF or CBR of the 1000cc variety then I would not recommend it for someone just off a 250. The MTS makes much less peak horsepower and is much safer when riding aggressively... a big handful of throttle will still be exilerating ... just not catastrophic.

So in short... go the MTS 1000, unless you're particularly short in the legs department. You could go the 620 version but I reckon you'll be wanting the more powerful 1000cc motor within a few weeks.
chris92

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:02 pm Reply with quote

Hiya

I had 1 year experience before buying the 1000
A yamaha thundercat600 for a few months, then a W reg honda vfr 800fi (not vtec) then a triumph daytona 600 for a couple of months. Went to the dealer looking for a aprillia futura when the sales dude said try this (MTS)

The rest is history, it is the easiest bike to ride due to position etc.
It is the best handling bike of the 3 (The triumph was special but I couldn't exploit the potential of the bike) Gives confidence in the rain which i never had before.

There is another thread somewhere which goes into this question and there were some good points for and against.

Do what you feel, take it easy for a bit and enjoy, I certainly do Cool