Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Question about 2-up tripping
Goto page Previous  1, 2
lotus54
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quote

I installed a small Givi top box (26L) that had a backrest. My wife much preferred that over not having something.

I don't have anything on the back now- except the small step for the custom tail.
She hasn't been on it yet.

Habanero had some nice backrests made up from the stock grab-bar, those seem to work really well.

Mark

Beta XTrainer 300
nbrewst
MTS: 2006 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:22 am Reply with quote

My Doris and I do regular 2 up 300 + mile trips and she finds it very comfortable, so much so that the only time she slides forward is when she is asleep! I have the DP gel seat front and rear but no backrest. I can tell when she has nodded off when I can feel the weight of her helmet in the nape of my neck. It is like riding with a very valuable sack of spuds on the back. I can be going slow or fast, it is irrelevant. I have termis and a cat bypass and a slightly open airbox so the bike is very noisy too, she says it is way more comfortable than the ST4 that I had before and that was light years ahead of the Monster. So wind the preload up, pack the panniers and head off into the hills, your other half will love it.
Mich748R
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Black)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:45 am Reply with quote

I do agree with most of it. My wife joined me for the first time on a bike in her life to the 4th EMM in the Pyrenees. We did about 4.500km in 9 days and she hopped on with a smile on her face and got off in the end with a smile in her face.... Laughing Laughing

The only thing I had to do is to set the back seat more horizontal. During the first test rides she was sliding continuasly forward into my back. Since I sit very close to the tank (I like to have the feeling I have the front-wheel in my hands), I also had to adjust my position on the bike a bit.

As I said, I put some o-rings under the front connection of the seat to higher it a little so she had a nice horizontal position. I changed my sitting position and off we went. We'll do much more rides together.

Furthermore to say is that I have a Ventura back pack behind the back seat but it seems she is not using it. She just gently rests against my back and moves with the flow that we go through.

Give it a good try and think about options there are to increase the confort of the passenger....

Cheers,

Mich.

Mich748R

Honda VF750F
Ducati
900SS
748R [miss you]
916 (track)
MTS 1000DS
MTS 1000SDS
Hypermotard 950SP
MTS 1260 Enduro
Soon a Ducati Desert Sled (21’ Front/18’ Rear)