Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: WTB: Bars
catneck
MTS: 2006 620 (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote

Always find my elbows up while riding my Multi. Found the stock chrome bars force me into this position if I let them. Now looking for narrower bars with more rise and more pullback for my 620. Looked through handlebar download page on this the site, that page confused me. Any ideas?
Thanks, Chris

MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote

Chris, this is post of mine from last year. I too suffered from the elbows up and aching shoulders. I am very very happy now and have over a year on these bars. Renthal Universal High bars aer what I have and love them. See below

Yes it has been a quest and yes I think I have read most of the posts on this subject. Like many of you, the stock bars pulled me too far forward on the seat, the rise was a bit low and the pull back cramping my wrist. I tried rotating the bars, I tried a set of generic bars I had (steel) bought a nice set of ProTapers and Tag risers on this site and none of them really worked for me. I read a post a month ago about the Renthal Street bars and after researching them decided to try them out.

PERFECT FOR ME! Really comforatable. I bought the Renthal Universal High bars. They come in chrome, dark gray and silver. I got the dark gray (black Multistrada) and they look great. Now my Acerbis hand guards fit again (didn't on the Pro Tapers). For reference I am 5'-9".

This is the spec listing on the bars Center Width: 7.4 in. End Rise: 4.8 in. Pullback: 4.2 in. Rise: 4.2 in. Type: Handlebar Units: each Width: 28.4 in. From a seat of the pants comparison the are just a bit higher, the pull back is a few degrees different and the reach does not seem to be as long.

I got the bars from Dennis Kirk $61.99. Try this page link

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/search/sea...leafCatId=41005

I am done! I now have my perfect bars and can move on to fine tuning the whole windscreen issue, or the seat issue.

Bruce Monighan
Sacramento, Ca