Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: handlebars
Goto page 1, 2  Next
hugh russell
MTS: 2006 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:39 pm Reply with quote

looking to buy a set of handlebars dont like standard ones that r on it any1 know were i can get a set.cheers
chromekid01
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Black)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:51 pm Reply with quote

hugh russell wrote:
looking to buy a set of handlebars dont like standard ones that r on it any1 know were i can get a set.cheers

I can get ya a set no problem, I just switched to a set of S2R bars and love it Mr. Green

http://stores.ebay.com/bmw-motorcycles-of-daytona
hugh russell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:57 pm Reply with quote

can you get me a photo and how much thanks
chromekid01

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:59 pm Reply with quote

hugh russell wrote:
can you get me a photo and how much thanks

yeah no worries it will take a bit though on the pics, pricing I can get ya very soon Mr. Green

wdietz186
MTS: 2007 1100S (Black)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:32 pm Reply with quote

There are many different bars available,do a thread search and try to decide what you want.The Rizoma bars come highly recommended.
chromekid01

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:34 pm Reply with quote

wdietz186 wrote:
There are many different bars available,do a thread search and try to decide what you want.The Rizoma bars come highly recommended.

I second the Rizoma bars they are very very nice Mr. Green

SpeedwayRN
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:06 pm Reply with quote

I just put some Yamaha Raptor ATV handlebars (the stock Yamaha ones)on mine. $42USD and they have weight welded into the ends of the bars. You do have to grind off the tab on the bars that stops the ATV throttle from spining around the bars. You can drill and tap the welded in weights if you want to add your bar end weights or mount handgaurds.

2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100- Antonio - died a traumatic death!
2006 MV Agusta 910s-Ginger Is missed dearly! God Bless Mossimo Tamburini
1975 Honda CB750
bmonighan
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote

My post from 1/2007 is attached below. By the way I have been using these bas for 2 years now and still love them.

Hope this report helps.

Hi there, hope this helps your decisions. The bars I bought are the Renthal Universal High bars. They come in chrome, dark gray and silver. I got the dark gray (I have a black Multistrada) and they look great. Now my Acerbis hand guards fit again (they didn't on the Pro Tapers). For reference I am 5'-9".

The best way to explain the bars is that they have a much more relaxed stance. The stock bars while good, forced me a bit too far forward (short arms) and raised my elbows. Now I feel like I am not having to reach forward for the bars, my elbows are down and at my sides (my shoulders feel more relaxed too) and the tension on my wrist is gone. The overall end to end is not noticeably more, the rise is a bit higher, but the way the bars are bent, or the way I have them tilted back in the clamps it feels closer to me not higher. The angle of the end of the bars, the sweep, is more than the stock, noticeable more but does not feel like too much. I put a set of aftermarket bars on my wife's SV and the sweep in those bars was too much, like a dirt tracker or cruiser. The Renthals are enough without being too much, perfect for me anyway and way better than the ProTapers with Tag risers. Again the best way to describe the feeling is relaxed as opposed to aggressive. Hope that helps

This is the spec listing on the bars Center Width: 7.4 in. End Rise: 4.8 in. Pullback: 4.2 in. Rise: 4.2 in. Type: Handlebar Units: each Width: 28.4 in. From a seat of the pants comparison the are just a bit higher, the pull back is a few degrees different and the reach does not seem to be as long.

I got the bars from Dennis Kirk $61.99. Try this page link

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/search/sea...leafCatId=41005

The bars went on without changes to the brake and clutch lines. There are pins in the bars that lock into the levers as I recall. Obviously with the new bars you don't have to worry about them. There are pins in the plastic housings that fit into holes in the stock bars. I cut them off with a knife blade and dressed it up with a rat tail file. You do not need the pins to keep anything from turning and the lack of pins lets you set things where you want them.

I now have about 2,500 miles on the new bars and still think they are perfect for me.

In a recent correspondance with dloke he said "Went to the Renthal website and they're now marketed as the 7/8" Road StreetFighter series. Cheers"
hugh russell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote

thanks
mikejames
MTS: 2006 1000S DS (Black)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:32 pm Reply with quote

I have the S model which are 28mm fat bar alum. Also have the Rizmo bars too. But now i have the Renthal CR fat bar in black Which is a little wider and higher with a Rox 1 1/4" up and back and now I like this set up the best for me. :lol:
coman
MTS: 2007 1100 (Red)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quote

Just delivered today, so not yet fitted, the Renthal Road Bike High (model SB1019) in silver.

Cost £24.99 from bikebitz.co.uk - very quick service. Combined it with bar ends and set of EBC HH front brake pads so delivery was free. Recommend the site.

Several good reports on the bars from people on the EMM, and the one here from bmonighan. I'm 5' 9" also so expect good results. Original bars are OK but I hope to be a bit more relaxed with the new ones. And anyway, new bits for the bike are always nice Wink

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:52 pm Reply with quote

Coman your going to like the adjustment in your new bars alot. It might take a little time to adjust but the postion of the bars are great for me now I come from more dirt so I like the upright postion and relaxed postion the rentall fat CR bars give back. The Rox risers help me but at 5'6" the reach is what I needed as well enjoy. 8)
oldstrada
MTS: 2009 1100S (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote

Hi I am 6.3 and would like to sit higher, what would a high rider sugest ?
mikejames

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Rox risers to bring up the bars and Renthal high CR bars wider and taller for your reach, A tall seat seargent seat are taller than stock and they'll custom one for you or go to Rick Mayers Saddles that's the place to go. Ducati Design for foot peg adjustments. Your on tour way.
Mattel
MTS: 2008 1100S (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote

mikejames wrote:
Rox risers to bring up the bars and Renthal high CR bars wider and taller for your reach, A tall seat seargent seat are taller than stock and they'll custom one for you or go to Rick Mayers Saddles that's the place to go. Ducati Design for foot peg adjustments. Your on tour way.

With this set up did you have to extend any wires or cables? Will the stock ones work?

ATGATT+AIR!!!