Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Comparison SuperSport vs. Multistrada
wkwalrond
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 4:48 am Reply with quote

I am looking for input from past SS or current SS owners. I currently have a 750SSie and am considering getting rid of it. I am looking for a bike with similar power, but is more comfortable and to be honest, easier to ride quickly. In addition, my wife wants to learn to ride and the SS is definately not the bike for that task! I am considering the 620 MS as it seems to match what I am looking for in bike, at least from what I have read.

Is the MS suitable for roads that are not paved, but in overall good condition? I don't want an "offroad" bike, but wouldn't mind taking it down the odd fire road every once in a while. I figure with the Pirelli Scorpion tires, it must be okay, but I would like to hear from owners.
lotus54
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 5:41 pm Reply with quote

I've found the MTS to work quite well on gravel roads. I don't think I'd want to ride it hard on roads with a lot of big pot holes or rocks, I'm not sure how strong the riims are....
I think a lot has to do with the seating position for that sort of riding.

Mark

wkwalrond wrote:

Is the MS suitable for roads that are not paved, but in overall good condition? I don't want an "offroad" bike, but wouldn't mind taking it down the odd fire road every once in a while. I figure with the Pirelli Scorpion tires, it must be okay, but I would like to hear from owners.
sidrat
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quote

Had three 900ss, amoung the 10 Ducatis we have owned. I love the SS, but at normal speeds the Multi would keep up with it and be a lot easier to ride fast. It also has a higher seat for better touring and amazing wet weather poor surface ability, quite impressive really. Its in my top three bikes i have ever owned....