Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Still waiting
Greg
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 12:10 am Reply with quote

I' still waiting for my bike to get here. I got bad news the other day they shipped silver ones first and mine HAS to be red. I currently ride a Cagiva Gran Canyon which is a great bike. The Multistrada grabbed my heart strings the first time I saw it. I am earger to experience the extra power of this engine as opposed to my GC which only has 61 HP, My big concern is whether I will fit the bike as well as I do my GC. I'm tall and big 6'6" 285 LBS. I'm also interested in how the seat works I have heard its a bit hard I hate a sore butt and I tend to ride long stretches without stopping untill I need gas. Has anyone seen the comfort seat. Is it shown in the performance cataloge and is it ugly? Also for you guys who have the bike how does it wheelie? Think One more question do all the red bikes have red frames?

Site Admin
MTS: 2003 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:08 pm Reply with quote

There is a picture of the comfort seat in the accessoiries catalogue. As far as I could tell it looks exactly like the standard unit, but I expect it to be a little softer. I am going to try the standard seat first, hard can be comfy too.

Wheelies should not be a problem. According to Fast Bikes magazine "You can loft the front in first off the throttle and keep it there into fourth". Fourth gear means about 110 Mph. Oh, don't forget to bring a camera and share the pictures Smile

I have not seen any pictures of the red bike with anything other than a red frame, so yes, I think all red bikes come with a red frame.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger Top
schroell

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 7:26 pm Reply with quote

so no wheely experience yet. The available torque should make wheelies possible without any problem whith even better control / feeling as you don't need to rev up like with those japanees bikes.

Mine is red and the casis is red too, I guess there is no choice. The rear bumper is yellow.

Yes the seat is hard and it hurts my back after 200 km. The passenger is more comfortable.

I am 1.80m and I guess even a 1.90 guy is comfortable with the bike

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 1:06 pm Reply with quote

Greg, where did you get the information ("they shipped gray ones first) from? Any word as to when the reds will ship?

I've money down on a red one, but might take a gray if it was available signicantley sooner.

Chris
Greg

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 12:00 am Reply with quote

I bought my bike from Oceanside Ducati in So Ca. Balz is the owner and he advised me that the silver where coming first. Crying or Very sad By the way I did not see a picture of the comfort seat in the photo section only the pillion seat cover did I miss something Question

Site Admin
MTS: 2003 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 2:22 pm Reply with quote

You didn't miss anything, I did not scan that picture because I thought it was not that interesting Embarassed. It looked just like the standard seat to me, so don't expect some Corbin King and Queen item Wink

Schroell has the catalogue, so maybe he can scan upload a picture? If not, I'll try to borrow the catalogue again monday and upload the pic.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteMSN Messenger Top
schroell

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2003 4:33 pm Reply with quote

in the pics area