Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: 1000/1100- Lots of questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2
StiffLittleFinger
MTS: 2009 1100S (White)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:06 pm Reply with quote

White... It's the fastest, and by a considerable margin. Plus there are few around so its extra exclusive.

Dare to be different 😉

Atb

Bob

Yorkshire Whippet
MTS: 2005 1000 DS (Gray)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote

I say 1000 or 1100, just get the best bike in the best condition and one thats been cherished. Personally I reckon the capacity hike was more a marketing exercise for Ducati allowing them to sell more bikes for the least outlay until they did the major overall and brought out the 1200. That been said the 1100 will obviously have an increase in power somewhere but whether you'd notice unless you were lapping silverstone on a regular basis and were the top of your game is questionable in the real world. Anyway, I digress, forget the numbers just get a good one Smile
lotus54
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote

I don't think the power difference is any big deal, but they did address quite a few things.
Better fuel gauge
Rubber mounted bars (works well)
Better triple clamps
Dang, some other stuff I can't remember.

The bad? The O2 sensors setup makes adjusting mixture more difficult in one way, but easier in another. If you fit a 'Fat Duc' type resistor it will make it a bit richer and run better with no fancy software.

I have a 1000 S, with the mods I've done the power is quite good (well, the bottom through as high as it runs). Nothing like a superbike, but great fun for how it likes to be used best anyway (well, I think so)

Mark

Beta XTrainer 300
potomacduc
MTS: 2013 1200 (Red)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote

keener wrote:
adb
not that i am trying to justify owning the 1000 but ummm
you are a little off on your HP diff between the 1000 andthe 1100
most would say 3 to 5 hp difference and the torque figures about 3 ft lbs
give or take...see our Wiki here on this site 15+ hp spot .. is major

and i have ridden a sorted 1100 and the only diff i could see/feel was in the middle and that not much ...Imo the 1000 pulls a little harder up top..you must of had a slow one Smile
Now this little push back may start up a little frack but you do know that i ride one of the faster Black ones Wink
Keener

My 1000DS just went up for sale, so perhaps my 2 cents is only worth a penny, but I'll push this a little further. As far as actual rwhp dyno results that I have seen posted on-line, as many show higher peak hp for the 1000DS as for the 1100. When it comes down to it, there's no real difference in peak figures for power or torque between the two that will show up on a dyno. I haven't ridden a MTS1100, but I have ridden a Hypermotard 1100 and a Monster 1100 with the same engine. Ridden back-to-back, the 1100 is an overall smoother engine and maybe a little stronger feeling in the midrange. Beyond that, there's not much there.

I'd base my decision on condition and included accessories well before I'd base it on 1000 vs. 1100. One thing to note is that 1000DS has a dry clutch and the 1100 wet, so depending on your preferences, that may matter as well.