Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Tempted by a 2005 620, what should I look out for?
Benn
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:46 pm Reply with quote

Hi all,

As the title really, I fancy a Multi 620 and have seen a 2005 model that looks to be in reasonable condition, so I was wondering what I should look out for and if there is anything that may stop me from buying one?

Thanks

Benn
coman
MTS: 2013 1200S (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:03 pm Reply with quote

Benn, welcome to the forum.

I had a 620 Multi and it was a very nice bike. Lighter than the 1000 and 1100 and powerful enough to give a thrill.

Not much goes wrong with them, but one thing to be careful of is the side-stand attachment point, which is direct on the crank casing. I never had it but there have been reports of cracking when the bolt (one or two, I can't remember) there has worked loose so giving an oblique load. So check that area, and if you buy it check the bolt(s) regularly and safety wire it.

The engines are reliable, and don't suffer from valve guide wear like some of the 1000s. The suspension a bit budget but it didn't worry me. Some on here upgraded it with units from the 1000.

Good luck with it, I hope you buy it. Then come back here and any questions can be answered either directly or by using 'Search' to tap into the large knowledge base.

No Multistrada

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Hi coman,

Thanks for the welcome and the reply. I am looking forward to getting out and having a look at it! I will report back on what I find.

Benn
coman
MTS: 2015 1200S (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:27 pm Reply with quote

What I forgot to mention was its service record. Probably the most important items are the cam belts. Recommended to be changed no later than every 2 years. So if there is no record, and you buy the bike, get them changed asap. Also, use that as a bargaining tool.

Good luck, and looking forward to your report.

MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:22 pm Reply with quote

I don't know if the dashboard has the same problems as the 1000 multi's but I'd definitely check it all works correctly and keep in touch with the members on here they're a wealth of knowledge 👍
baseldon
MTS: 2005 620 (Red)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:54 pm Reply with quote

I am about to have the same problem. I mean I am on the way of obtaining a 620. Before I go for the look and see trip, anyone could tell about points to check or worth to test before I buy? The one I will look at is from 2005 and about 13000 mi.
Thanks a lot