Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Which one?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
coman
MTS: 2015 1200S (Red)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:10 pm Reply with quote

Fastfaz, that rings a bell. There's a guy who was a member here, very keen on his motorcycles apparently. I met him as part of a small group riding to my first EMM. He had the latest Hypermotard, all the Ducati leathers and helmet, cool sunglasses etc. We set off on what was a rather epic journey from Santander at midday to a destination half way across the Pyrenees. We made steady progress along the autoroutes and then went into the mountains. One of our number knew this guy, and at that point just took off ahead at a brisk pace. Being the rookie I thought I'd better show respect so kept back expecting the pace to pick up. It didn't - up in the mountains this poser got slower and slower, hardly leaning the bike over, and we started to be overtaken by cars! Eventually the other rider and I got the message and forged ahead on our own. That man with all the gear was just like that Gixxer owner, and I found out later he'd had a succession of all the latest bikes and gear, chopping them in after just a few months having never touched the sides of his tyres.

Ah well, it takes all sorts. Glad you know how to use your lovely bike properly.

MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Black)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote

Coman/Fastfaz just to add another ...I met a fellow once while bench racing who showed me the underside of his pegs that he had scraped in corners , along with a few stories to go with his riding lifestyle and then in good time he rode off.
Much later on i was told by good authority that his pegs were altered by a file and his stories were those of some one else.
Seems he was living some one elses dream ...go figure eh
Rolling Eyes

74 Z1 900
98 1200 Bandit
2015 Kawasaki Verses 1000
Booney
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Black)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:55 am Reply with quote

Hey Peter - I remember the Hyper guy! There's actually a YTube vid for the EMM with him on it. Yes Mich was talking about him at the last meet - I think he made quite an impression!
I have to admit that my wife rides at a similarly slow pace and it's really difficult for me to ride with her. The thing is, like that guy ,she's scared of corners and has no confidence. We're looking at getting some training for her this year so she can hopefully improve and start enjoying what to me is the best part of motorcycling.
Anyway, whatever pace you ride - it matters not, just be safe and enjoy.
Mr. Green
Booney

70’s Velo Solex 3800s
12 Giant Trance
13 Canyon Nerve