Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: Sport Bike to Multistrada
Goto page Previous  1, 2
wayward
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:27 am Reply with quote

Habanero wrote:
kenguru wrote:
I ride a 600RR, and bought a Multi 1000 recently. Altough I had only few hundred km ridden with the Multi, it did not fully convinced me. It's very easy to ride, as well as the Honda, but even more relaxing. The brakes are nice, but the suspension is less "accurate", more bouncing and moving. It's probably only something to get used to, I don't worry about. Power is down, no crazy rush on the last few 1000 rpm, but this I expected. So overall, I still not decided which one to sell springtime. Two different worlds they are, both are excellent in their territory. Maybe I keep both Smile.

Sounds like you need to get your suspension dialed in a bit....out of the box they tend to be quite stiff and bouncy..
Maybe yours was Scott, but mine was loose out of the box, especially the rear which had a tendancy to wander in the long sweepers. I took the time to dial in the suspension and now she handles great. However I checked what the stock settings should be before I made any adjustments and mine was not even close to that. I think mine made it out of the factory without having the suspension preset to the proper settings. At any rate, I agree that the suspension is fully adjustable at both ends for a reason and you should dial it in properly.

John

kenguru
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Black)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 1:31 pm Reply with quote

Habanero wrote:
Here is where I have my front end settings..

Rebound Dampening: 2 clicks in from full out

Preload: 4.5-5 lines showing

Compression dampening: 1 rotation out from full in.

when I got my bike the Rebound dampening and Preload were way off, making for a very rough ride.

Thanks, I will try that in March!
Mich748R
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Black)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:23 pm Reply with quote

He there Wayward,

Quote:
As a long time dirt bike rider, I usually wear a kidney belt when I ride just out of force of habit. When I don't wear it, I can definately feel the difference in my lower back after a long ride. I have been thinking about getting an armored back protector to replace the kidney belt for street use. Any advice on brands and models?

I don't think brands or models really matter in this. Most important is that you try some and YOU have to decide which one feels most comfortable.

Besides that the protector should reach far enough down your back that the upper bottom is protected. A friend of mine broke his lower back once after a high sider. If he had a different protector, it might have avoided the broken back.

Mich748R

Honda VF750F
Ducati
900SS
748R [miss you]
916 (track)
MTS 1000DS
MTS 1000SDS
Hypermotard 950SP
MTS 1260 Enduro
Soon a Ducati Desert Sled (21’ Front/18’ Rear)
netineti
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:14 am Reply with quote

You guys are right, the Ducati has a certain strong magic that other bikes lack. It's the Italian charm. I used to have a plain FIAT 124 sedan that was a blast to drive, it was just enthusiastic. BMWs are better looking on paper, technically speaking, old English bikes just look so good, Harleys are Harleys, (I don't like Harleys) but the Ducati has won me over. I can't wait to get back on two wheels, on a Ducati.

http://www.truesynthetic.net
netineti