Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: 2004 Multistrada Question?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Newtfox
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:58 pm Reply with quote

Multimoto. You know the funny thing is I was on ST RT 68 this past summer at a gas station returning from Yellow Springs on my Futura and I saw a Multistrada go by. It must have been you! Thats the first one I had ever seen on the road. Yeah I have looked at Competition and you are right they know nothing about Ducatis period. Second I test rode the two bikes at JD performance in Cincy. The owner at JD seemed nice but not sure if he is interested in dealing. Competition has 1 04 left but it is silver and I want red. So my decision is still up in the air and I am consdering a Monster S4R (big discounts), S2R1000 and a Multistrada. My only concern is the Multi is going to be to much like what I have in the Futura. I am getting rid of my BMW because I want a sportier bike for myself and then use the Futura as a two up and touring machine. Let me know your opinion since it looks like you have owned an R1100S. Thanks!
Multimoto
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Newtfox, my last BMW, an R1100RS, was big and comfy. I had an aftermarket windscreen for it (didn't look as good as the stock, but gave me reasonable protection). Due to "damned curiososity" (darn, no spell check!), I moved to an M900 Monster (a nice one), but it was too small/not enough wind protection for these (relatively) wide-open, midwestern spaces (farmlands). Realistically, you simply need adequate wind protection to enjoy these long old roads. The Monster didn't have that, and neither (really) does my 1000DS Multi - even with the Zero Gravity Sport Touring screen - which DOES help. It's just not my R11 - for an 80-100 mph cruise (when I can get away with it) down to Athens (for instance).

There's just no substitute for being able to have several bikes. The Hypermotard and street tracker bikes really appeal to me visually. I just know they're going to be usless for what I want a bike for. I hoped that the Multi would fill the slot as the only bike I "needed". I don't know. I wish I still had all the bikes I ever owned!

BMW R100RS
Laverda RGS1000
BMW R65LS
Yamaha SR500
adistar333
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote

Newt,

I own a 04 Monster 800 and just bought an 04 MTS for 11k. It had handguards, termi exhaust, hard luggage, had a sidestand as well and about 1000 miles on it. IT was a dealer demo. I checked around my area, was the best buy I could find. Definitely love it, since I got it b/c doing longer trips on the Monster was just more difficult. I'm keeping the monster for now b/c it is a fun bike to fly around on for half day rides and for the cool factor! The engines in the S2R1000 and the MTS are the same, as I'm sure you're aware. I say based on the prices you mentioned, get an 04 and then you'll have $$ to upgrade exhaust, etc. It's true that the bikes aren't much different from year to year. An 05 has slightly higher HP and torque values.
Depending on what type of riding you do, and how big you are, the MTS is definitely a much more enjoyable ride in terms of comfort.