Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: going for a test ride
speedtriple
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:12 am Reply with quote

i must be half way commited already i suppose,i am in the enviablew position of having a couple of bikes,a VFR800 down south for touring and a 2000 Speed Triple up here at home (isle of Skye) the VFR is boring and capable,the speed triple is a very fine bike,great fun,but a little relucyant on the great handling side of things.I cant jsutify two bikes any longer,so i need something thats going to do it all,here we have great empty roads,narrow lanes and rough surfaces.
I am hoping that the MS will satisfy the grunty end that i get from the triple and the touring comfort (with comfort seat) that i get from the VFR.I havent seen any other posts about the MS v triple,i would be intersted to hear ifd any of you have had a Speed Triple and a rough comparison,i dont mind getting shot oif the Honda,but the Triumph has a SOUL.
Rockey

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:20 pm Reply with quote

Hi ST
I used to have a VFR800 Great bike, does what it says on the box and I think that because of that it comes over as boring, I've yet to try the ST but have often considered one but maybe just a bit to 'hooligan' for me.
My last bike was the GSX1400, absolutely tremendous, real pull your arms out of your sockets stuff, but I got fed up with Suzuki's indifference to problems with the Bike and build quality wasn't that clever either, I have only had my MS for 3 weeks now but I am looking forward to owning it for a long time, it makes me grin like a madman every time I ride it.
Take your test ride and I'm sure you'll be looking for an excuse for getting it back late Mr. Green Mr. Green
John

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:32 pm Reply with quote

thanks John,anoone else out there that can give me a comparison,the focus is really what is the most fun bike,the Triumph is fantastic,but i dont need 140mph,very strong engine,beautiful sound,but the MS looks like it could be even better,we will have to see,thanks again,i will post after the weekend.