Multistrada Wiki
  About us
 Login

Username:

Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: MTS from Oslo to North Cape and back through Finland Sweden
ddp74
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:55 pm Reply with quote

Hi there..
I have not bought MTS but I have a question for all living in nordic countries (norway, sweden, finland).. What about a long travel to Cape North? In your experience, how much it would take riding from Olso to Trondheim to Honningsvag to Rovaniemi to the swedish eastern coast to Stockholm, Goteborg, Malmo and Copenaghen though the new bridge? How many days and when it should be possible planning a travel like this? Don't tell me crazy... only curious! Best regards to all!
Double lamps!
ddp74

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 3:11 pm Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi guys,
I live in Collecchio (remember Parmalat affair?) 100 km from Bologna. If someone will come here around from abroad tell me, maybe we can have a beer together... Cool
Best regards. Wink
St.croix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 8:47 am Reply with quote

Hi ddp74

No, u r not crazy Wink . I travelled from Chicago to LA last year (on a Harley Shh ) , and people over there just named us the crazy norwegians!

Well, I belive that u should use approx 3-4 days from Oslo to North Cape. If u will experience the midnight sun, then days to plan a tour like this should be from mid may through out june and july until mid august.

About the route from North Cape through Finland, Sweden and down to Denmark I am sure PeGe, desmodue or other Swedish MTS owners can answer u.

PS. Scandinavian beer hearty welcomes u 2. Mr. Green

Last edited by St.croix on Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
ddp74

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 10:19 am Reply with quote

Just another question.. How much does it cost gasoline there? I don't know the conversion rate but here you have to pay almost 1,2 Euro per litre... Quite expensive, don't you? Diesel is better, even if is almost 1 Euro per litre.. Italian cars are 60% diesel and only 40% (descending) gasoline.. Regards...
P.S.: For all coming here: in Italian highways you have to keep 130 kmh (110 if it is raining), in the city 50 ( Mad ) out from 70 to 90 kmh (national roards marked "SS = Strada Statale"). In the future on the italian A1 you can keep 150 on 3-ways highways. Alcohol is 0,5 g/l and you have 20 points on the driving license that can grow to 30 in 5 years if you don't cause accidents or violate laws.
St.croix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:19 am Reply with quote

Gasoline price in Norway will vary between 1 - 1,2 euro per litre. I believe it's approx the same price in Sweden. Finland I do not know.

Beer is worse - hold on: 6-7 euro per 1/2 litre!!! Fortunately my MTS is not dependent on beer Very Happy , but I am, sometimes... Wink
ddp74

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:24 pm Reply with quote

Hi St.Croix.. I hope the day i'll come there I can visit the Lillehammer falls too, people say they are really gorgeous.. bye
Pigdog
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:04 pm Reply with quote

You can drive from Stockholm to Copenhagen in one day, but I would do it in two days and avoid the E4 highroad.

I live in Vimmerby about 300 km south of Stockholm, so let me know when you are passing trough.

The gas price is about € 1,1-1,2, but you do not pay any road tolls like you do in Italy. The maximum speed is only 110 km!

At least the beer is less expensive than in Norway... Come to think of it everything is cheaper than in Norway!

I agree with St Croix that the best time is in the summer period. You will just love the mosquitos up North!

Fammi sapere quando vieni!
ddp74

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:38 am Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi there!
Thanx a lot for your hints and friendship.

as we say: "Grazie 1000 !!" (Thousand thanks, licterally)
Have a nice day!
(P.S.: I discover even more people knowing CORRECT italian words... Shocked congratulations...)
Bye and see you asap!