Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: 620 Upgrade to 750
FemBot
MTS: Not specified

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:42 pm Reply with quote

Hi All,

I just bought a leftover 620, and with less than 100 miles on it I've been scouring the 'net for add-ons.

Has anybody used this engine upgrade kit? http://www.beaudrymotorsports.com/eshopp...Upgrade_Kit.htm
It don't really need more power but I'm thinking two-up rides might well benefit from the added capacity.
Thanks
rummaggio
MTS: 2006 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:05 pm Reply with quote

If I still had my 620 this would be the upgrade path. Termis plus more power = good.

Searching the forum will reveal the reports from a few that have added the kit. Since the Termis alone are about $1200, I think it is worth it.
FemBot

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:22 pm Reply with quote

rummaggio wrote:
If I still had my 620 this would be the upgrade path. Termis plus more power = good.

Searching the forum will reveal the reports from a few that have added the kit. Since the Termis alone are about $1200, I think it is worth it.

That's what I was looking for. I'll use the "search" feature to find more. I was just looking for Termis when I found the kit. I wonder if there's any point to getting the break-in service done if I'll just need to do it again next month? Maybe just upgrade now.

Thanks
Scrambles
MTS: 2006 1000 DS (Red)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote

Ferracci also makes a kit 2 versions, standard and high compression. TTT did this mod, and there are others here too. Do a search.

MTS: 2006 620 Dark (Flat black)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote

That's at least $3k with labor.

The only negative I have heard is it makes it harder to shift in the lower gears, more touchy.
Vivik

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 10:54 am Reply with quote

Mine is the 750 upgrade with 10,000+ miles now. I put the upgrade on after 3,500 miles as 620. I have owned the bike since July 22 of last year and have put that many miles on it, mostly trips, no commutting. I just rode it 3,300 miles from Virginia to Key West and back on secondary roads. It cost about 2,000 dollars for the complete kit: airbox, chip, Terms, top half of engine. I paid about 500 for the labor.
The gas mileage is about 147 miles per tank before the light comes on, this is very dependent on how much throttle you pour on. I once got 76 miles/tank when I just got it and was tearing around back roads and the interstate I-81 in southwest VA.
I have found it more touchy in the lower gears, but I wouldn't say its hard to shift at all, its just different. Just keep your wrist down and you will be fine if you make a throttle mistake, still not enough power to throw you off the back or anything. With the rpm at 6,000 the speed is at 84mph. I really enjoy as this is my first bike, learning to ride ect, it will do fine until I buy the 1100ds when this bike is done.
Chairguy
MTS: 2006 620 Dark

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 9:34 am Reply with quote

Save a little cash !

Change the 15 t to a 14t gear.. Get some some cans & a chip.. Ride it for 6k then go for the 750 upgrade..

Chairguy

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 3:52 am Reply with quote

Vivik,

I am thinking about doing the same upgrade but was wondering about how it affects the warranty ?

My bike has has just topped 1100 miles and has 18 months of warranty remaining which I don't want to relinquish.

I can't get a definite answer from my local Ducati dealer and also had no response from Ducati when I e-mailed the question.

The kit is a Ducati item and if fitted by Ducati I assume warranties would be intact. Do you have any experience of any issues.

As far as price is concerned it appears to be around $2500 installed by my local dealer.

A far more important question, does it sound good with the uprated pipes ! Very Happy
Vivik

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 10:27 am Reply with quote

Nojrepooc,

I don't THINK the warranty is affected because it is all a DP kit balanced to work together, I can't say why the dealer just can't come out and say one way or the other. I love the increased power and think it is a a great improvement. I have yet to find enough road to hit the top speed and love the extra response when I twist. The bikes sounds like a jet engine and the air just rips out of the back. I also chipped the Cat out and removed all other emissions devices I know of. The sound has become a deeper bass growl if that means anything to you. I kind of felt I was riding a Honda 250 or a bike with training wheels before, now I don't. But I think unless the money means nothing to you, go ahead and ride yours to 6,000 like the post above suggested. Looks are very much improved with the carbon slip-ons and the rest of the carbon parts I have, if you like carbon. I avoid DP carbon BTW, it is cheap construction, thin, you can see pin point voids, and I had a Timing Belt Cover from them on which the screw holes did not come close to lining up. I will post a Pic of mine finally, been meaning to for months.