Password:

Log me on automatically each visit

Problems signing in?

Register

Forum index -   Wanna buy: pillion comfort
rods4
No Multistrada

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Hi all, New to the board, just got a couple of quick questions...

My ageing hips and my wifes tender ass have determined that it's time to chop the Monster in, and as I couldn't bear life without a Ducati it's looking like a 'strada is my best bet. So, how comfortable is the pillion seat and will she be stuck up in the wind? Is there a massive difference in the real world between the 1000 and the 1000S? Not really considering an 1100 as I love the dry clutch rattle. Smile

Currently looking at an '06 1000, dealer wants £7k with 3 years interest free credit.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies,

Regards,

Rod
kenguru
MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Black)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

My pillions found the Multi very comfortable, although after a CBR600RR, everything should be relatively comfy. Smile
But on the other hand I had the non S and the S as well, and used both of them on stock settings, and I would go for the S definitely. I feel that suspension plush and firm at the same time, which gives me all the info what I need and does 100% what I ask for. My riding is kinda spirited, but I am not the fastest guy out there.

MTS: 2005 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:17 pm Reply with quote

here's a good review

Whistle http://www.multistrada.net/forum/viewtop...=passenger+seat

MTS: 2004 1000 DS

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 11:24 am Reply with quote

Just returned from a 2000 mile trip, and the only complaint my wife had about the seat (stock 05), was that a backrest would be nice. There is a list member (Habanero?) that makes a tidy one for the Multi. She's about 5'-4", maybe 125lbs dripping wet, to give a point of reference. And we stopped about every 90-100 miles... gotta keep the Queen Bee happy, right? Cool

Ducati Multistrada Adventure/Off-Road Gear: www.strada-avventurosa.com
bone
MTS: 2006 1000S DS (Red)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:48 pm Reply with quote

sailwa66 wrote:
Just returned from a 2000 mile trip, and the only complaint my wife had about the seat (stock 05), was that a backrest would be nice. There is a list member (Habanero?) that makes a tidy one for the Multi. She's about 5'-4", maybe 125lbs dripping wet, to give a point of reference. And we stopped about every 90-100 miles... gotta keep the Queen Bee happy, right? Cool

I am now purchasing a rear case I really don't want in an effort to make the Multi more pillion-friendly... my girlfriend had issues only on longer rides last year, but this year she finds it generally uncomfortable. It's hard to say how much is Multi-specific, however.
bkbjmb
MTS: 2004 1000 DS (Black)

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote

I just bought a Givi V46 top case so that my wife would have a backrest. It was just delivered yesterday. Unfortunately my bike is in the shop for the exhaust valve guide problem so we haven't been able to take it for a test ride yet.

I can tell you that I'm very impressed with the build quality and the looks of this case. I see now why Givi has such a good reputation.

I also have a Sargent passenger seat on order. I know I said in another thread that I was going with the DP Comfort but for pure aesthetic reasons I changed my mind. I ride by myself a lot more than I do two up so I really wanted the rear seat to match the rider's seat.

Hopefully all of this is money well spent and my wife will be able to take some longer rides with me.