Introduction of the Multistrada 1000DS, available from about april 2003. In some countries the 2003 Multistrada was introduced and sold as a model year 2004 bike.
- Different seat: textured cover and slightly softer padding.
- Introduction of the black colour.
2005: 1000DS and 1000SDS
- Improved sidestand.
- Higher windscreen.
- New rider seat, softer padding and less angled.
- New passenger seat.
- The 2005 engine is identical to the 2003/2004 model, but claimed power increased from 84 to 92 Hp, due to a different way of measuring power.
- Improved mirrors, longer stems for better vision.
- Thicker heel protector plates on the passenger footrests.
- Small mudguard under the swingarm is gone.
- Lights always on.
Introduction of the 1000S DS. The 'S' is identical to the 1000 DS, except for :
- Ohlins front and rear suspension.
- Carbon fibre front mudguard.
- Carbon fibre cambelt covers.
- Aluminium 'tapered' handlebars and taller risers for the lower bar.
- Wheels painted black.
- Only available in red and black
2006: 1000DS and 1000SDS
- Black belt covers on the engine
2007: 1100 and 1100S
- 1000DS and 1000SDS replaced by 1100 and 1100S respectively, power up from 92 to 95 Hp and torque from 9.4 Kgm to 10.5 Kgm.
- Black wheels for both the 1100 and 1100S
- New fueling system with lambda sensor in the exhaust to comply with Euro 3 norm
- Handlebars mounted in rubber
- Wet clutch
- New maintenance program that reduces costs.
- 1100 only available in red, 1100S in red or black.
- Basic model is now Marzocchi front and Sachs rear (both Showa on the 1000).
- Electric headlight adjuster deleted.
2008: 1100 and 1100S
- For the US, only the S model available
- Wheels are produced by Brembo on some bikes, Marchesini on others.
- New graphics, "Multistrada" on the back, "1100" or "1100S" on the front of the fairing.